Nested BLOCK IF ISSUES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nested BLOCK IF ISSUES

In some of the stylesheets such as Core Styl sheet there are nested BLOCK IF's that are testing for the same thing.

Attached an example. The BLOCK IF is testing whether the WIDTH is not NULL twice over?

This is used many times. No major harm, but not make sense why do that? Bug?

Originally posted by mediamole View Post
    #
    This is used many times. No major harm, but not make sense why do that? Bug?
    Not a bug as it does not affect the functionality, but definitely a coding error. Interestingly this is new to V14.0.1, not in V14.0.0.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

I appreciate it does not affect the functionality as such, but these are errors that shouldn't be there!

Just frustrating - Ever since version 11 had Mega Menu continually have to fix the missing </li> tag from the code.

Just one of many bugs like that found during a 2014 build

Comment

Looks like there are lots of bugs in v2014 from reading on here! Bugs are to be expected to a certain extent, but what is really worrying is that Sellerdeck are not responding to any of the issues raised! they seem to have their heads in the sand. This does not bode well.

Comment

Originally posted by mediamole View Post
          I appreciate it does not affect the functionality as such, but these are errors that shouldn't be there!

Just frustrating - Ever since version 11 had Mega Menu continually have to fix the missing </li> tag from the code.

Just one of many bugs like that found during a 2014 build
          I do not disagree with you regarding the problems but a bug is defined as

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.
          A lot of the so called bugs are just incorrect or simply sloppy coding which do not affect the operation of the program, there are however some probems that are more serious and do cause problems.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

there are however some probems that are more serious and do cause problems.
            Yes like this one!

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=55867
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi Garry, what is the history of your site? I have a virgin v14.0.1 site open ATM and there is only one instance of the block that you referred to.

The condition was added in v14.0.0 to prevent an invalid style definition if ACTSTDWIDTH is blank, which it is by default in new responsive themes. Possibly the upgrader is reapplying it in the upgrade from v14.0.0 to v14.0.1. I will look into it.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Ever since version 11 had Mega Menu continually have to fix the missing </li> tag from the code
                As I pointed out to you by email some time ago, the closing </li> tags are optional (see eg http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...l-closing-tags), and this remains the case in HTML 5. So you don't have to add them. You're free to do so if you want to, but it won't make any difference to the finished web site.
                Bruce Townsend
                Ecommerce Product Manager
                Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                  As I pointed out to you by email some time ago, the closing </li> tags are optional (see eg http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3...l-closing-tags), and this remains the case in HTML 5. So you don't have to add them. You're free to do so if you want to, but it won't make any difference to the finished web site.
                  http://www.w3.org/TR/html-markup/li.html

OK will let you have that one but as general rule it's good practise to do so

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                    Hi Garry, what is the history of your site? I have a virgin v14.0.1 site open ATM and there is only one instance of the block that you referred to.

The condition was added in v14.0.0 to prevent an invalid style definition if ACTSTDWIDTH is blank, which it is by default in new responsive themes. Possibly the upgrader is reapplying it in the upgrade from v14.0.0 to v14.0.1. I will look into it.
                    Hi Bruce

I can confirm I also have the double condition in a V14.0.1 which was upgraded from V14.0.0.

EDIT

I have just had to upgrade a second machine

V14.0.0 OLWB
                    Code:
                    table.checkout-cart {
                    	width: <actinic:variable name="ACTSTDWIDTH" />px;
                    	border-collapse: collapse;
                    	padding: 0px 0px;
                    	margin-bottom: 5px;
                    }
                    V14.0.1 PBIA
                    Code:
                     table.checkout-cart {
                    	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ACTSTDWIDTH%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
                    	<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ACTSTDWIDTH%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
                    	width: <actinic:variable name="ACTSTDWIDTH" />px;
                    	</actinic:block>
                    	</actinic:block>
                    	border-collapse: collapse;
                    	padding: 0px 0px;
                    	margin-bottom: 5px;
                    }
                    Definitely an upgrader problem.

Malcolm

Custom Packages