All V7 sites to die June 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All V7 sites to die June 2015?

We have a couple of v7 site limping along, still making sales and ranking well.

We had them running with sagepay and securetrading, though we had to stop using securetrading when they upgraded to a new system.

Now sagepay are moving to a new system and the old one will be turned off in June.

I'm guessing that actinic v7 doesn't work with either of the new versions, and I'm also guessing that there won't be any fixes for it, so does that mean that any remaining v7 sites will basically just die in June?

Or is there a workaround?
    John

SagePay v3 will only be supported on SellerDeck 11, 2013 and 2014. A user posted a workaround see here.
    Peblaco

Comment

ok, thanks.

just out of interest, did anyone get v7 working with the new version of securetrading?
      John

Comment

Presumably another option would be to switch to PayPal for payments. Not the cheapest of options but if you're just wanting to keep a legacy site going then that might be an option.

Although to be honest I suspect the security updates alone probably justify transferring the sites to a newer version of sellerdeck. If they're not too large it could be worth starting with a new design and importing in the products. Just make sure you're happy with any page name changes you end up with.
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788 View Post
          ok, thanks.

just out of interest, did anyone get v7 working with the new version of securetrading?
          Secure Trading have updated their gateway also. I understand from some clients the new system wont be supported on SellerDeck either - However, there's the option to run their old system.

Comment

Do any of you still run version 5? Secure trading are changing their platform from ST2K to STPP which isn't compatible with my version!! I need to find another PSP.
            Many thanks

Comment

Working...
            X