X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats Good To Hear ......cheers.

Comment

JMTC

Having worked with Dreamweaver for many years, I can honestly state that after I have done the prelim design in DW I then copy and paste and finish the job in notepad.

Why....simple, DW loves to add code snippets and interpret your coding in its own manner. This can lead to errors.

Basic design skills surely include HTML understanding and as we develop css awareness for the benefit of all our clients. Programming is a completely different ball game IMHO.

But, to agree to a point, shifting the innerbody across to enable WYSIWYG editors of many flavours would assist the home user greatly and increase product viability on the open market.

Will it assist designers? Not me....but maybe others.

The shift from V7 to V8 has assisted all concerned and in contradiction to above points, it has decreased my deployment time as I understand HTML but NETQUVARS etc...good riddance I say!

But in this great world we live in all opinions will differ and you cannot please everyone all the time, but to date, Chris and the boys at Actinic have taken great strides in opening up this product, with a few more tweaks, they will appeal to many more.

Best Wishes.
      Daren
      Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
      Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

do what you want rather than the coding limiting you
        I don't feel in the least limited. I have limited (OK non-existant) design talent, but I can code any layout a designer gives me - and I know how to acquire more knowledge when I need it.

I am free to develop and use my skills - a DW 'user' is limited to what the programmer builds into the user interface.
        Bill
        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
          I don't feel in the least limited. I have limited (OK non-existant) design talent, but I can code any layout a designer gives me - and I know how to acquire more knowledge when I need it.

I am free to develop and use my skills - a DW 'user' is limited to what the programmer builds into the user interface.
          Spot on Bill, wish I had typed that
          Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

integration to allow you to completely manage your overall/outer layout(s) using Dreamweaver.
            Not quite - in V7 you could open an Actinic template in DW make changes and save it. This allowed easy modification of the standard templates also you could open up templates of sites that clients sent for work to be done.

With V8 this is not possible as the extension only works one way ie you must create the design in DW and then register it - there is no way (I can see) to open one of the standard templates in DW or upgrade a V7 design and open the outer layer in DW to do some work.

Comment

I don't feel in the least limited. I have limited (OK non-existant) design talent, but I can code any layout a designer gives me .
              thats my point you need a designer to hand the work over to you. with the intergration its easyer for the designer to learn to work with actinic and design a well rounded product. two people can be replaced by one programers are great as long as someone tells them what to do.....

Comment

what the programmer builds into the user interface.
                what came first?
                Bill

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                  But we do. We have written an integration to allow you to completely manage your overall/outer layout(s) using Dreamweaver.

I do, however, totally appreciate the fact that this does not allow you to edit your product layouts etc. in Dreamweaver - and I have already said, we are looking at ways to address this at the moment.
                  I feel that the design registration from Dreamweaver works very well. If a similar facility is given for the product layouts it should prove to be an absolute winner!

Regards,
                  David
                  -----------------------------
                  www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

what came first?
                    The designer comes first ... then the programmer tells them don't be stupid that's not possible ... the designer "re-asses" the design and the programmer smiles knowingly of another minor victory

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                      The designer comes first ... then the programmer tells them don't be stupid that's not possible ... the designer "re-asses" the design and the programmer smiles knowingly of another minor victory

and this is all about winning isn't it .......grow up

Comment

Originally posted by Epiclines
                        and this is all about winning isn't it .......grow up
                        Winning? My first post and the first response to your thread was in agreement with you.

My reply to Bills thread was a tongue-in-cheek observation of the web world in which the 2 types of people meet .. designers and programmers.. invariably at odds with each other. I am not promoting or criticising either - thats why it was an observation.

I am off to thrash my 6 year old at Chess... I am already 21-0 up

Bikster
                        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

grow up
                          I'll apologise for helping you take your thread off topic, but certainly not for the light hearted banter. If you can't bring your sense of humour with you on a Monday, then perhaps you need a New Year resolution not to post till Tuesday.
                          Bill

Comment

hi can you plese post how to do this.

many thanks Adrian
                            regards Adrian

http://itmdesign.co.uk