No announcement yet.

Server-based product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be more impressive if Actinic used V8 for its own website. This has always puzzled me - why not use your own software for your own site. I promote Actinic so I use it for my site
    We do - click the 'Buy Online' button on the left sidebar of the site.

Comment

It shows as No.1 and No.5 for me.

How many names to faces can you put on here? I can do 2.

Comment

We do - click the 'Buy Online' button on the left sidebar of the site
        I know but not for the rest of the site ie the bits that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
          We do - click the 'Buy Online' button on the left sidebar of the site.
          Why not use Actinic to do the whole site?

Comment

It also says its built by http://www.northstardesign.co.uk/actinic.html - again very odd that you dont build your own site - just an observation I dont want to start another GC debate

Comment

Not sure why we would build our own site - we're a software development company. We're not a web design company (as you can tell by some of the old themes knocking round Actinic )

Also, Actinic is an ecommerce application, so we're using it for what it does best.

Comment

Just winding you up chris

Comment

Fair enough. Why not use brochure pages though? I would have thought a "look at what Actinic can do out of the box - our whole site is build on it" sort of thing would be good?

JK

Comment

Just winding you up chris
                    It's Friday afternoon - my sense of humour has obviously already left for the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                      It's Friday afternoon - my sense of humour has obviously already left for the weekend
                      My humour packed it's bags and buggered off some time this morning shortly after scuffing one of my alloys on the curb

Comment

I think the two formats would be an excellent step forward.

The main reason we would loooooooooove to see Act go online is to enable the larger client stores we manage to run slicker locally without breaking the bank for high spec resourced machines every 3 months or so.

We have all treaded actinic treacle with stores above 5k lines.

You wanna see how long it takes to trip around one of our sites with 40k+ items....jeeeze louise.

You can then evaluate the option depending on your client needs. Bet there would be a charge for each and not a hybrid version allowing you to choose (just a hint Chris)
                        Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                        Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Have to admit we had a client using Actinic with a product base of over 7k and it did get pretty unusable after a very short while. Especially when orders accumulate thick and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by eighteentee
                            Have to admit we had a client using Actinic with a product base of over 7k and it did get pretty unusable after a very short while. Especially when orders accumulate thick and fast.
                            Exactly, this is why we developed a naked shopping cart (php mysql) for specific client needs (without all the bloated template s$%t of oc, zen, creloaded et al) into something our clients can use (over 20k items only)
                            Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                            Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

I have passed on the relevant bits of this thread to the development team.

Comment

Working...
                              X