This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google the bully strikes again
    I dont think so - they are a business at the end of the day and provide a service. people dont have to use them ie you can optimise your website for yahoo and ignore google. They happen to have cornered the market in just the same way as MS and if you want to use them then you need to play thier game or miss out. The internet is constantly changing and peoples websites need to change daily to keep up, if google wants to promote its checkout by increased rankings then its just another algorithum change IMO in the same way as it changed its linking policy recently. You could say that its not fair that G has changed its indexing of database sites to give them better rankings whcih now compete with static pages better.

I fully expect google to favour CG enabled sites - combine this with all the info it has been collecting from people using Analytics and we can expect to see more changes soon. It may be in future that G only lists sites that have GC

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
      I fully expect google to favour CG enabled sites .... It may be in future that G only lists sites that have GC

I wonder what effect this will have on ebay?
      Donna

Common sense is not that common.

Comment

I wonder what effect this will have on ebay
        G recently dropped all Ebay pages for a while so it has the technology obviously and sales data from hundreds of thousands of websites to see what sites/products are making money and perhaps change the algo to reflect sites that sell the most/get most traffic. Certainly traffic will become a bigger player than it currently is.

Enough banter - keep the thread on track.

Comment

This may be the way things are going but it won't happen overnight. I think Actinic are very well aware how much demand there is for GC out there and I would imagine they are working away at it right now with hopefully some news in the near future.

I don't think we are losing sales right at the moment by not having it. I'm still dissapointed that we couldn't take part in the £10 promo but it wasn't to be. I do think it may become important in the future but I'm talking months or years. I'm confident that actinic will have a solution and I'd rather they got it right before launching than put out a cobbled together version. We don't want PPP version 2 do we? So, lets give them the benefit of the doubt.

On the subject of G and ebay, yes they did switch ebay off overnight and it killed our sales stone dead! Switched back on and the sales are flowing again. Scary but true. I imagine google products will become an amazon clone with direct checkout and maybe even a subscription for premium placement. Maybe a consideration for those wondering whether they need to go product per page yet.
          Blank DVD
          Cloth Nappies

Comment

google checkout

include my vote ?

Roy Hudson

Comment

Google Checkout

Add my vote to the list for the following reason....

Google checkout will charge 1.5% (from Dec currently 0%)

PayPal currently charge 3-4%

WorldPay around 5%

Banks - anyone's guess but I think around 2.5% is the average.

Do the maths, would you like savings of at least 1% of turnover or not?

Comment

Good news and bad news

Good news - overnight two of our longstanding competitors have been unceremoniously booted off the first page of Google's product search for our main keyword pair

Bad news - their products have been replaced by a previously unknown company and products, complete with Google checkout logo - are we next?

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

What is going on with this?? Is this going to take effect or not as people cannot wait.

Comment

people cannot wait.
                    Actinic have said they will integrate it but when they have resources to do so.

Comment

Regrettably, we've had to close this thread as it keeps just getting used as a way of taking pot shots at us. We don't mind criticism, but some users have unfortunately been abusing the forum and breaking the forum guidelines (their threads have been deleted).

Thanks for all the comments and votes. Google Checkout is one of our top priorities for development, but it's a huge job, and we want to do it right - rather than just doing it quickly.

Comment

Working...
                      X