No announcement yet.

Continue Shopping Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree about the impersonal feeling but Glyphius scores text on its ability to sell and the phrase with "your" in it scores 260 but if I replace "your" with "the" the phrase scores 301 which is considerably higher.

To be honest it's one more thing to test and that is one of the problems with Actinic. It isn't easy or quick to set up a split test on anything. With it is a doddle using Google Site Optimiser.

As I said earlier all of these shopping carts have their pro's and cons.

Comment

I've just been to the bar stool site and it's impressive. How did you get rid of the checkout page 0, 1 and 2 text and header bar?

I have a feeling block ifs will feature

Comment

It was probably more like the delete button to be honest, i can't exactly recall. Each checkout page is selectable on the design tab, it will have been done in there i expect.

Comment

Just to add more fuel to the fire have a read of this.

Also have look at this

Comment

Just to add more fuel to the fire have a read of this.
            Agreed and its all true but I find it strange that you have implemented little of the advice on your own site

Things like the mini basket on every page and all the stuff in checkout can be done in actinic. If you wanted the options you mentioned in your first post then they can be hand coded into a page to be used instead of the bounce back to product page which personally I think is the best option

Comment

Hi Malc
              To be honest I'm late to the party and now on a massive and very rapid learning curve. As I've already said Actinic is brilliant but at the same time I find it overly complicated and often confusing.
              You should have seen the site a week ago!

I'm having a research day today following on from Lee's "Please learn block ifs advice" and as I find things out that are relevant to many other Actinic owners I think its good to share.

Comment

odd as I remember us having very similar discussions about a year ago. Most of what is discussed in the articles can be done without any use of blocks so you should be able to make the changes quite easily eg the mini cart instructions are posted on the forum and I use it for many of my sites. I've always found it a little strange that actinic have never built this into the software as standard. It's been arround since v7 and as the article says customers like it.

Comment

Discussions are one thing. Realising the true power of actions takes a lot humble pie!

Comment

Cheers Mal
                    After a bit of detective work and the power of google cache I've now downloaded the minicart js and I'll get it installed tomorrow.

Anyone else who want this script can get it at this link

Comment

Working...
                    X