No announcement yet.

How would you evolve Actinic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the platform is working perfectly and requires no support.
    I think you have hit the nail on the head here. Many many companies now offer turnkey offerings like express ie in the cloud

Comment

Originally posted by plantshop View Post
      Thats exactly what i am trying to say. For data read ecommerce web shop because thats all a website is at the end of the day.
      Web shop yes, thats always been online. The tools to create it will be all over the place, again horses for...

There are plenty of online web development tools, the brilliant blogging platform Squarespace.com is a great example. However there is nothing in the cloud to rival Adobe Dreamweaver. Likewise with creative tools you can use Picassa or PS online but thats not going to rival Adobe Master Collection and never will, both for reasons of economics as well as technicalities.

Originally posted by plantshop View Post
      Some people will always need high spec PCs but as you say the market is showing people buying low end machines and big players providing the apps on line so that to me is the future.
      Thats not the future, thats now
      Benjamin Dyer
      CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

However there is nothing in the cloud to rival Adobe Dreamweaver
        Not at the moment and I dont think there will be but online editors do exist for some ecommerce offerings and these will be aimed at average users to customise thier sites using thier low spec pcs. designers can already download templates to customise using Dreamweaver on thier high spec systems.

I personally want something online which I can access from any mobile OR desktop system regardless of spec.

Comment

OK so how do i get my hi res images onto my website in a low res format, if i have to do it online, then i have to upload a 10mb image then try and edit it online.

That sort of editing is a long way off and to be honest i dont think it is really going to be replaced within 10 years. OK so this is not what the majority of internet users will require, but this is only one of many reasons people want his spec machines.

But as stated, technology is not moving at the pace it was. The way we deal / handle data is the only bit that is changing. My laptop is almost 2 years old, guess what i can still buy the same spec today, give or take some minor details. 5 years ago it would have been out of date within 6 months.

You can keep your clouds as far as im concerned, do i trust google or anyone else with my sensative data, not kin likely. It will never replace what we have. Treat it as another tool nothing else.

Comment

As a company (with products) I want Actinic where my store is.

I can already access it if I'm anywhere else with gotomypc.

Now. Heres where I simpify it. If this online database is so good, (stock control, proper accounts) the errr, pc that hosts Actinic is actually online 24/7. Can an online purchase trigger stuff to happen offline, well, on the Actinic pc, then forcing the changes or whatever by updating the live website as needed?

The system works well as it is, and a few people on here are now finding work arounds for stock control and stuff anyway.

Theres a whole load of `little things` that need repaired first in my humble. If you don't know what they are then you dont run a store.
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
              If you don't know what they are then you dont run a store.
              Futurologists don't operate real stores run by average Joe.

Bikster
              SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

If you don't know what they are then you dont run a store.
                I don't, my wife does, the little things you talk about are often written on post its and stuck to my monitor.

For me, there is no escape
                Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                  are often written on post its and stuck to my monitor.

I do hope Actinics own bug and fault logging is slightly more high tech sir.

In fact, I think you deserve a Goat Point for your honesty.
                  Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I do hope Actinics own bug and fault logging is slightly more high tech sir.

In fact, I think you deserve a Goat Point for your honesty.
                    It sure is and thank you, gladly accepted, honesty is the best policy.
                    Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                      I don't, my wife does, the little things you talk about are often written on post its and stuck to my monitor.

For me, there is no escape
                      That explains the surge in the sale of post-it notes on the IOW then, huh?
                      Tracey

Comment

I've been doing some work on 'another' platform for a new site we are building. The site absolutely requires real time stock so Actinic was out for the time being.

I have to say, it's a joy to work with for several reasons. Actinic has become a bit of a pig for us in terms of getting products listed as we use SPP and although we create all sections/ products on a spreadsheet and import, it's still slow and clunky.

I want:

1. Create one image of any size and have Actinic generate a thumbnail at the click of a button so I don't need to faff around creating 3 different images etc.
                        2. Create a single html product section when I create the product in an SEO friendly way.
                        3. Give me the option of where I want mini duplicates to appear which will auto link to the main section without having to copy / paste/ drag etc.
                        4. Be faster in operation.
                        5. Checkout is way, way outdated compared to the cheaper competition.

Having used this system I now dread going back to Actinic. It seems so out-dated.

If there are solutions to any of these issues, I would like to find out what they are. Maybe v10 will address some or all of these issues.
                        Blank DVD
                        Cloth Nappies

Comment

Working...
                        X