No announcement yet.

Move a section `up one` button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding my vote to this as I am always re-arranging my sections for seasonal and other reasons.

If you look at attribute lists in V8 you can drag and drop to the exact position you want without having to rotate the who list, so why can't you do this with sub-sections and even easier than a button system?

However, I've heard that has been stopped in V9 for some reason.
    Helen
    www.postapresent.co.uk
    Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Comment

You can do it with sub sections, you just need to hold the shift button while you drag.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        You can do it with sub sections, you just need to hold the shift button while you drag.
        I was about to say the same thing, its been like that for ermmm how long......

Comment

Hi Lee,

I saw your post on this thanks and tried that but it doesn't seem to work. I'm v8.5.3 what version are you able to do it in?
          Helen
          www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

It's certainly possible from v7 through to and including the latest v905. Just first hold the shift key down then drag the section to the section just above where you want it.

Comment

I cannot move anything by holding the shift key. I have tried by holding the Ctrl key and got some movement, but it seemed to put another copy in the section I tried to swap with.

Never mind, I've coped so far without.

Thanks.
              Helen
              www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

hold the shift key, then whilst still holding the shift key select the section using your mouse and hold the left mouse button and drag to were you want it

Comment

Originally posted by Bonjour View Post
                  Hi Lee,

I saw your post on this thanks and tried that but it doesn't seem to work. I'm v8.5.3 what version are you able to do it in?
                  There isn't a version i can't do it in as far as i can see. Looks like a PBKAC.

Comment

Thanks guys I have now sussed it after a good nights sleep. I actually couldn't do it by holding the shift key first. I had to click on the item first, then hold shift key and I wasn't moving it up high enough.

Do you know I was getting a lot of crashes when I kept rotating my sections to get things in the right order and I have asked two people in support over the past 18mnths about this and both said there was no way to do this, so I just gave up and lived with it. Maybe should give my fee to you guys

Something so simple and makes life so much easier, maybe you can tell me why none of my sales reports work...........

Thanks
                    Hx
                    Helen
                    www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Something so simple and makes life so much easier, maybe you can tell me why none of my sales reports work...........
                      You've not sold anything is my only answer, .

Comment

Maybe we should knock up a site to take donations for the 'have one on me' cause.

Comment

I reckon you should!
                          Helen
                          www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                            Maybe we should knock up a site to take donations for the 'have one on me' cause.
                            Open a Paypal account, then you can have a divvy-up every Christmas by paying a proportion of the contents to each of you.

Have just spent all morning wrestling with a V9 quirk, fixed it myself though!
                            (Deleted the problem and started again!)

Paul
                            Paul
                            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Do you know I was getting a lot of crashes when I kept rotating my sections to get things in the right order and I have asked two people in support over the past 18mnths about this and both said there was no way to do this, so I just gave up and lived with it. Maybe should give my fee to you guys
                              My experience of support is one would be better off asking the cat.
                              The only reason I pay my annual fee is for the new releases and as an insurance should I ever need a knackered database sorting or use of the Actinic emergency hosting.
                              Kind Regards
                              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X