Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which small irritants would you most like fixed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have more than one link available to use for product descriptions.
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Add the 'find ordered products' from the right click menu to the quick find menu at the bottom.
      Unusual Silver Jewellery
      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

In the design library add the facility to search for unused UDFs
        Unusual Silver Jewellery
        Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
        Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

The Commit dialog is not correctly populated for AP transactions when there is a back-order
          I find that a lot of things don't work correctly in Actinic, when you have a back order. Also find back orders cause system to crash more than anything else

Comment

Voucher codes or the ability to give loged in users a discount.

Voucher codes are a must these days. The business version is too expensive just to get vouchers capability.

Also placing boxes in the side bars should be a menu selection.

Agree with previous comments about improving ways of sorting products in the tree and also the expand an colapse issues.

It would be wonderful if you could just pick a product image size from a preset selection and it automatically sized your images to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetwood View Post
              I find that a lot of things don't work correctly in Actinic, when you have a back order. Also find back orders cause system to crash more than anything else
              We also find back orders to be the biggest pain, due to the nature of our sales we get quite a lot of back orders whilst we wait for something out of stock to come in, often the back part of a part order causes the actinic payment to go wrong

Also find that when old customers ring up to place a order, we are obliged to go back and open their old order to confirm what they had last time, when we do this the opened order remains in the pending section, if we then re-export it to sage we bugger up the accounts with a duplicate order which we then have to delete. why can we not just open a old order and when closed it goes back where it should be and not clutter up the pending screen

Do actinic ever leave the ivory towers and speak to shop owners in their own environment
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

I would also like to see improvements of the back ordering system.

Another pain in the neck is the inability to make any changes to an invoiced order without Actinic deciding that the old invoice is no longer valid, deleting an mention of the old invoice number and creating a new invoice number resulting in gaps in the invoice numbering system. Surely it should be MY decision as to whether the changes warrant a new invoice number.
                For example I print an invoice and immediaitely notice that there is a spelling mistake in the address, or requires the postcode to be edited as the customer has enter it in all lowercase, even if I wish to make changes to the items ordered I should be able to if I wish without generating a new invoice number.
                I can only see the need to generate a new invoice number if the invoice has actually been issued (i.e posted or givne to the customer). All Actinic need to do is pop up to ask "You have changed the order do you want to a generate a new invoice number?"
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse
                Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Do actinic ever leave the ivory towers and speak to shop owners in their own environment
                  Back orders always created problems in out Act5 store. An upgrade to Act10, and its still troublesome. Its a minor relief to find I'm not alone.

A response from Actinic HQ regarding Chris's comment would be appreciated - I'd be only too happy to have a virtual or real visit from Actinic, to show the problems we experience in the real world, as opposed to the office test machine. Like Chris, we have lots of stock that changes in availability and where it is 'sectioned', all the time. This is probably a very hard situation for Actinic to replicate in the office, and they need to be looking to real working stores as much as possible.

Comment

Chris - do you find that back ordering items causes regular system crashes, or is that just me?

Comment

Hi Martin Long time no speak, guess you have been very busy

Not had problems of crashing, but quite often when taking for back orders the actinic payment process buggers up and says its made a double payment when in fact it has not, when you check later
                      Chris Ashdown

Comment

I phoned in about that one last week - its a known bug.
                        The trick is to not use the commit button, other than in the view payments window.
                        Its when you use it without going into view payments, you get the double pay error.
                        To correct any already done, go back into view payments and add a new entry - corrects the accounts with a manual payment entry, without rebilling customer.

guess you have been very busy
                        an understatement if ever there was one - put off the upgrade for so long, that when I did bite the bullet, I had a lot to learn.

Comment

Customer ordered 2 days ago, sagepay payment declined yesterday(I use deferred payment) so i clicken on Progress & Payments tab, clicked view payments and clicked on New Entry and selected 'Rejected' and 'Credit Card Debit'. Payment went through today, same process but this time I selected 'Received' and 'Credit Card Debit'. Balance is now 0.

When I print an invoice in the section at the bottom its showing 2 payments one for yesterday and one for today. A bit confusing for the customer, they could think I charged twice.

TON

Comment

Thanks for all your input. We are putting fixes for the following into the first release of v11 (no, I can't give a date for that yet! - sorry)

http://community.actinic.com/showpos...49&postcount=2
                            http://community.actinic.com/showpos...69&postcount=3
                            http://community.actinic.com/showpos...76&postcount=4
                            More of http://community.actinic.com/showpos...3&postcount=11 (several dialogs were already fixed in v10)
                            http://community.actinic.com/showpos...1&postcount=29
                            http://community.actinic.com/showpos...8&postcount=47 (in part - we are dealing with the underscores in page names, but not the change for illegal characters, at least in v11.0.0)

In addition http://community.actinic.com/showpos...6&postcount=28 was resolved in v10.0.2, and http://community.actinic.com/showpos...7&postcount=15 in v10.0.3

I'm closing this thread now because we have more than enough to be going on with, and if it gets too long it will lose focus. Over the next few months I will keep reviewing the issues with the most votes, and we will fix as many as possible.
                            Bruce Townsend
                            Ecommerce Product Manager
                            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
                            X