Product reference search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product reference search

It would be great to make the product reference an option on the search as I've been asked about this a couple of times.
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

This code will do a very simple search for specific product references. Does this help at all:
    Code:
    <form method="post" action="http://your.URL/cgi-bin/ss00000x.pl">

<input type="text" name="PRODREF" value="" />

<input type="hidden" name="ACTINIC_REFERRER" value="http://your.URL/acatalog/" />

</form>

Comment

Can I just paste this into my search page ? If so, it's just what I need!
      Thanks
      Richard Gosler
      Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
      Dorset, UK

Comment

You can put it anywhere you like as long as it is not within another form.

Don't forget you also need to add a submit button to the code I have given you.

Comment

I use that too. The only drawback is that you can't do a partial match on a product reference. Any ideas Chris?

Comment

Sorry Jonathan - no great suggestions on that one.

If you include the product reference in the full description text, you can search on the first part of it - but the basic search script I gave you only does full matches.

Comment

Another one for the wishlist then :-)

Comment

Chris,

Is there not any way to modify the search script or make a new variable so that the reference number can be searched from the main search box?

Many thanks
                Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                Zirconium Rings
                Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

There could well be a solution out there, but it would need an experienced Perl programmer to be able to do it. I'm afraid I don't have the knowledge.

Comment

Is there a way to set the ProductReference variable in the database so that it can be "searchable" like a regular variable?

Comment

Do you mean like a standard variable?

You can do this by creating a new variable in Actinic called something like 'SearchReference'.

Then export a hierarchical file, then import it again, but map the 'Product Reference' field to the 'Product Reference' field and also the 'SearchReference' field in the mapping screen in the import wizard. This will automatically populate the field for you.

Naturally, take a snapshot before doing this.

Comment

Hi Chris
                        Has this been sorted out, as it worked in version 6
                        Hvae spent a long time sorting out a customer's reorder as it doesn't seem to work in 8.5.1
                        Regards
                        Howard

Comment

Upgraded

What happened to users who upgraded from 6 to 8 then? Was anyone brave enough?

Comment

Howard - could you describe what you are wanting to do here? Is it just searching with the main search field for product references?

Comment

Hi Chris
                              We want to things, the current seach on product name (which works very well) plus what we had in Version 6 - which was a very good search on product reference.
                              After we upgraded the site, we lost the latter facility.
                              Actually, to be honest this is one we didn't test - it worked before, why shouldnt it work now?
                              Unfortunately, we didn't know how many of our customers use the search on product reference bit - we do now!!
                              Regards
                              Howard

Comment

Working...
                              X