No announcement yet.

Options for Stock control on PSP pending orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would be better is if the PSP pending order wasn't downloaded at all until the payment was confirmed.

I've now removed PayPants because of the number of dead PSP pending orders and multiple attempts at the same order that were coming through (and I hate PayPants too).

It'd also help keep the order numbers sequential (one of my pet hates).

Comment

This whole stock affecting thing appears to be confusing the Stock Control Mole too.
      I have it set to upload only when a product becomes out of stock(which used to mean only when an order drops into the "pending" tab)
      Now, it's uploading (correctly, given the new way Actinic now works) when the order is downloading into the PSP Pending tab (so changing the stock level) but it's also uploading AGAIN when the payment is received and the order moves to "pending"...despite no further change in stock.

Even the moles are confused! (and I have to keep remembering to cancel orders from the psp pending tab! I need a big flashing sign to tell/remind me they're there!!!)
      Tracey

Comment

In other words, everyone is in the dark; not just the moles

Comment

I know I keep going on about this..but it's causing chaos with my website!

95% of my stuff is "one off"
          Now, if a customer fails to make a successful payment..and my stock control mole has downloaded/uploaded new stock levels...the customer can't go in and attempts their order again because the item is now logged as out of stock on the website!

I'm having to manually cancel EVERY psp pending order than comes in to keep the stock levels correct on site.
          Despite sending an email to customers when I get a psp pending order, detailing that they can call with their details, they still seem to prefer to go through the website and do it again.
          For one-off items, it means me cancelling and re-uploading before they do so... and for non-one-off items, it means I get multiple orders for the same item and have to manually cancel the excess ones to keep the stock accurate (well, as accurate as it ever is!)

And I'm still having to manually edit the shipping back down to zero after cancelling these "duplicate" or "unpaid" orders too

*sigh*
          Ok...leaving the topic for now.. just wanted to say ARRRRGGGGHHH

Oh...a Q too... when Actinic automatically purges the psp-pending orders after 31 days or whatever...what does *it* do to the stock levels?? does it add the stock back in? Or does it just move the "unpaid" order to the completed tab?
          Tracey

Comment

Goat Point to Tracey for the absolute 101% belief that one day her website software will cater for every permutation of choices/attributes/orders pending/back orders/duplicates and give an accurate stock level for the interwebby world to see. Such loyalty and dedication deserves a reward. Well done.
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Well, let no one call me a pessimist

I was just ranting really...in the spirit of the forums this morning

sometimes it helps to get it down...maybe I should blog..

ETS..that was not my initial response...but I'm being NICE this morning
              Tracey

Comment

Tracey,

Why not have a quiet word with Jan. I'm sure it would be quicker for her to incorporate a 'delete items from psp pending orders' option than to wait for actinic to include the option.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Forgive me if this is mentioned somewhere in the thread

Can we wish to have a new order tab added then, so when items are downloaded with no payment we can decided were to move it to.

If we want to class it as a legitemate order then we move it to a "reserved stock" tab but also have the pending tab not to effect stock so as to cover the problem most of us get with the same person placing a number of orders but only paying for one.

And I will add it really p***** me off having to delete these as i manage my stock in sage so i have to delete these before importing stock records. if i dont it plays hell when i remember

Comment

Thanks for the advice but i use sage, i have no epos and do not require epos, the problem is with the way stock is handled for pending orders, and whether you want to allocate to a customer or not

Darren

Comment

Edward you have hit the nail on the head, the crap stock control in actinic has been a topic of conversation for a few years now.

Unfortunately we have to keep on reminding them of such, it's a bit like an itch - adventually you have to scratch it

Comment

and some of us have scratched it so much that it doesn't even feel like an itch any more...it's more like a prolonged pain

*crawls back into her hole again*
                        Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracy

About time we had a word with Lee, i thought this night shift thing was just temporary

Seen whats on tele - "Freddy v Jason" on CH4

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                            Hi Tracy

About time we had a word with Lee, i thought this night shift thing was just temporary
                            LOL yeh.
                            I just can't tear myself away anyway. Sad but true!

Originally posted by Darren B
                            Seen whats on tele - "Freddy v Jason" on CH4
                            Chance would be a fine thing!
                            Only thing on our TV after 8pm is my other half playing Call of Duty 2 online on Xbox live

He's completely oblivious to anything I'm doing!
                            ok that sounded kinda weird but he's in his Xbox-bubble and I'm in my work bubble...on reflection, that really IS sad
                            Tracey

Comment

I thought I should resurrect this discussion on account of 2 recent developments: ActiveStock and the real-time stock features to be available in V10. My plug-in currently allocates stock when the order is 'completed' i.e. the customer has selected a payment method and clicked 'Next'. For 'Payment on Account' type transactions, this is effectively the same as 'payment received', but for PSP orders there is another step which, as we all know, can result in the 'PSP-Pending' scenario.... This thread seems to suggest that there is split opinion on how stock should be affected by this scenario, so I am looking to provide the option with ActiveStock. I would be interested to know how Actinic intend to handle this in V10......

Of course, this isn't a uniquely 'Actinic' problem - it's really a business decision as to how you want to manage stock. Does anyone have any experience of how other shopping carts (i.e. the ones with on-line stock data) handle this? What options are users expecting in this area?
                              ActiveStock
                              On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
                              **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
                              Free 30 Day Trial
                              ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Working...
                              X