X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A public list of known bugs that you are working on

Need I say more?
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

after a good bumping by none other than george himself to bring this to our attention, i second this request.

we'd like to know what you're up to Mr. Actinic!

Comment

I love the idea, but cannot for the life of me think of a valid reason why a software company is going to produce a list showing how buggy they are. It's just bad advertising.

Besides we have the rain forests to think about....

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
        I love the idea, but cannot for the life of me think of a valid reason why a software company is going to produce a list showing how buggy they are. It's just bad advertising.
        my thoughts exactly
        FWIW
        Tracey

Comment

It doesn't have to be in a public place, only available to seasoned forum users or developers. Just how many hours could be saved looking for a reason or solution to what is effectively a recognised bug?
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

George i hear ya and if it happens, there would be benefits, but in reality, however quiet or private they attempted to make it, its something they just would not want hanging around.

It would be the equivalent of asking you to send all of your existing customers a list and details on how many transactions your company hasn't completed correctly over the past 12 months. Whether that be postage error, wrong item sent, broken item, missing item etc.

They are about as transparent as a window with 4 coats of bitumen paint, i just don't see them doing it. Way ahead of this kind of information should be communication on new releases and features due out IMO.

I hope they do it for you, but i think not personally. There is nothing to stop us compiling one in all honesty, to be fair there have been a few that we've mentioned which have been passed off as non-existent, until an about turn is made in the not too distant future. So perhaps if a list is a possibility, they should be the last people compiling it, things such as the encrypted mallarky would never be detailed surely, it's just too bad to mention.

Comment

Tomatoe Blight and slugs

OOps, wrong forum. I mean Partial Deployment of Snapshot, ability to create a snapshot with a js heavy site and just for good measure the whole stinking snapshot process!

JMTC
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

there is a vbulletin addon that does this (Project Tools) and you could restrict access until someone has 100+ posts etc or just for developers etc.

I think anyone with any intelligence will understand that bugs exist in everything (i mean, we have all used windows right?) and might just be comforted to know there is a good process in place to deal with them.

edit: forgot to mention, there is a wishlist type feature where people vote on ideas..

P.

Comment

Using Project Tools myself at the moment for something completely unrelated but it works very well and would be a great addition to the forum!
                  Cheers

David
                  Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

it would be excellent but every software company i know will only acknowledge the bugs (in some cases), and then produce a list of what they have fixed on a patch.

i have yet to see a list of current bugs in the product

Comment

Quit pipedreaming gents.

Chris(s), bruce, zoltan? put us out of our misery plz. kthx.

Comment

Never gonna happen, i would love to see one, but it aint never gonna happen

Bit like moderators - oops maybe i should not have mentioned that

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B
                          Never gonna happen, i would love to see one, but it aint never gonna happen

Bit like moderators - oops maybe i should not have mentioned that
                          lol
                          troublemaker!
                          Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                            lol
                            troublemaker!
                            Who me nah, never one to cause trouble or offence

Comment

Hi all

I guess it does feel like we need this for v8 just because there have have been so many problems found with it, you do keep running up against them. The focus at the moment is to get v8 in a state where you don't have to think about bugs because the ones that are left in there are so obscure, you will never hit them.

Every piece of software ever released by anyone is full of bugs, but no software company ever publishes a list of these bugs for the reasons mentioned above.
                              Having said all that, here's an early draft of the release notes for v8.5.2 - which includes the list of bugs that will be fixed in this version (due out in a few weeks).

This is still open to change, but the list will be largely the same as the beta version.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X