No announcement yet.

securing the contact us page - captcha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just the kind of answer i have come to expect from actinic in the last few years. It is on the wish-list.

Sorry actinic but that is not good enough.

As soon as we are through Christmas we are moving carts after 7 years.

Why have actinic failed to respond to customers expectations this last few years. the short of it is your software is behind the times very badly.
    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

I won't patronise you with a long list of all the customer requests we have fulfilled in recent years, when clearly not enough of your own have been among them. Bur we are working very hard to address as many requests as we can, as fast as we can, and to meet as many of our customers' expectations as physically possible.

Elsewhere someone has started a specific wish-list thread for v11. The major and most popular requests in that thread also happen to be the most widely requested items in the general wish list, and we are committed to fulfilling them in that version.

I do think that if you look around, you will find quite a few things people have come to take for granted from Actinic which most of the other carts don't offer - unless you move up-market quite significantly. But I certainly hope you find a way to develop your site along the lines that you want to.
      Bruce Townsend
      Ecommerce Product Manager
      Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
        I do think that if you look around, you will find quite a few things people have come to take for granted from Actinic which most of the other carts don't offer - unless you move up-market quite significantly.
        Bruce, is there a list of these anywhere as it would be handy to consult when promoting the virtues of Actinic to prospective new clients of mine?

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Unfortunately not, because the list would need to be specific to individual competitors, and it would be a lot of work to maintain and keep up to date.

In general, though, I think the areas where Actinic tends to outshine most of the competition (in no particular order) are:

- General order processing features (relatively limited in a lot of cart products)
          - Discounting (Actinic's is very sophisticated and flexible)
          - Other marketing features (eg more Amazon-style product lists than most)
          - Shipping and taxation (Very complex, some carts are quite simplistic in their approach to both of these)
          - Handling complex product options (components, attributes and choices - ours are not easiest to use, but among the most flexible)
          - Multi-channel integration (when used with Actinic EPOS)
          - Payment integration (used with Actinic Payments, the most frequently used processes are enabled from the ecommerce application, where other systems force you to log in to a separate online control panel)
          - Static HTML pages; fast page loading, works with cheaper hosting
          - Scaleability (you can grow from low-cost entry-level to multi-user systems)
          - Certain aspects of design eg user-defined variables and the ability to create conditions
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
          X