snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snapshot

Why (oh, why) is there a cancel button right at the end of the export snaspshot process? By the time you get to that point you're committed to taking the snapshot anyway.

In the past when I've misclicked and cancelled, I have to start the process again (I know it looks like a snapshot is created anyway, but I don't have confidence in it as a backup).

tbh, the whole snapshot dialog box is rubbish

There is NO indication of actual PROGRESS whatsoever.
    When I export from our large site, it often sits looking like it's doing nothing but there is the very slow gradual movement of files from one folder to another (allegedly!)

90 minutes later and I'm still waiting and Actinic is still trying to convince me it is actually exporting. I'm not convinced (although, if I leave it long enough, it probably will complete)

Actinic needs to do some sort of pre-export check and be able to produce a progress bar accordingly.
    At least then, if it DOES stop/freeze, we will/should know about it.

Currently, it's rubbish!
    Tracey

Comment

Hello

I have added these points to our wish list.

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

thanks
        Incidentally, it took 2 hours and 20 minutes to produce me 196mb snapshot yesterday.

Time taken to IMport it? (same machine)

8 minutes!
        Seriously!
        Tracey

Comment

I've found Windows 7 is like a rocket where snapshots are involved, heaven knows why the difference, but it is seriously quick.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            I've found Windows 7 is like a rocket where snapshots are involved, heaven knows why the difference, but it is seriously quick.
            The computer in question is a brand new Windows 7 computer, Lee. It's only a week old so isn't even bloated with crap (yet!)

Despite that, it still crawled a snapshot (V9)

I'll be interested to time a V10 one, if and when I get it working.
            It's still taking 2-3 hours to refresh (simple upload time not timed yet - testing in progress)
            Tracey

Comment

It's much faster to do a regular backup of the site directory rather than a snapshot of a large site. That together with a less frequent snapshit would probably suffice.

Checking (prior to uploading etc) can be substantially quicker on a 64 bit machine with around 8Gb of RAM that is then made 'large address aware'. Actinic are looking into this - not sure if it's included in the coming 10.03 release or not though.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                It's much faster to do a regular backup of the site directory rather than a snapshot of a large site. That together with a less frequent snapshit would probably suffice.
                *sniggers*

Our daily backup does consist of an .mdb copy and store.
                I had to snapshot this time because it was moving to a new machine/install and was going through the upgrader to test it on V10.

It's definitely something I usually avoid unless I've made design/store changes though!

As for upload checking, it's still taking the same 2+ hours to upload so I'm yet to see any changes. That said, we're still doing 'refresh' to get it working rather than a standard update so I can't comment on that yet.
                Tracey

Comment

Freudian slip perhaps.

Comment

OOOOH competition time, how many variants on the word snapshot can you come up with....Rules are:
                    1. It needs to raise at least a snigger
                    2. Only 2 letters maximum can be changed
                    3. 1 additional (new) letter can be added

Roll on 3.....

Comment

cr*p shot
                      soap sh*t
                      shags hot

Comment

snotshot
                        slapsh*t

sl*gs hot (inspired by Duncan's last one which definitely raised a snigger!)
                        Tracey

Comment

ho's pants
                          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

sh*t pants

Comment

pant shop