Actinic v10 and Explorer v8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v10 and Explorer v8

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I have searched and read a lot of threads without finding it.

Given that MS Explorer v8 is with us and that without 'compatibility mode' running, it can render a page significantly different than the Actinic internal 'Page Preview'; also given that Exploere v8 is much more in line with Firefox etc; will Actinic V10 now have an updated Page Preview?

Without it, that essential preview element of Actinic 10 will be not be compatible with any major browser.

On a similar point, wil v10 have an F5 refresh option in the Designer Page Preview element? Crucial if you work with an external style sheet.

Just to illustrate this a little further.

I have just had a bit of a nightmare doing a fairly simple task.

Two issues.
    1. Microsoft Internet Explorer v8, (IE8), IE7, Firefox and crucially, Actinic’s internal preview ALL interpret the same code differently.
    That means when I am aligning, fairly precisely, elements on the page, I cannot trust Actinic to be correct and must check as I work, all browsers.

2. Actinic insists that all images, products, sections, general and importantly, backgrounds are in the root directory.
    (This ridiculously bad arrangement has to be the worst case of lazy coding I have come across in my 30 years as a programmer!)
    Uploading the site results in Actinic moving all images to the root and changing the reference to them in the code.
    If you have been tidy and placed all your images in neat subdirectories under the images directory it just about works.
    Albeit you now have a neat structure in your local copy and a list of EVERYTHING, and I do mean everything in the Root, including orders on the server!
    However, what If that wasn’t enough,it does not automatically deal with backgrounds referenced in the external stylesheet in the same way and expects to see the backgrounds in the place you put them.
    In other words you must place these files in the root and reference them there from the stylesheet.
    It is chaotic to say the least.

Don’t get me wrong, I think from a Cart Owner’s point of view Actinic is awesome, but from a designer’s it is just plain scruffy!

There, I’ve said it.

Comment

I'm a* retentive when it comes to organisation and this area of Actinic frustrates the hell out of me. I do hope this is improved in V10.
      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

It irritates me as well that everything is in one big folder, makes it difficult to fing what youre looking for. Messy. Lazy programing.
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X