Actinic User Conference - latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webD View Post
    Personally I would have liked to have seen Ben go deeper into the stock control and feedback issue.

Some sort of demo would have been a great addition. I appreciate that time was sort, but IMO it was an oppertunity to really get my juices going
    Yes, sorry about that, time was tight on the day, its difficult to cover everything. As Chris mentioned we will be covering how this all works in greater detail very soon.
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

The conference was not designed in any way to be a v10 launch so understandably it didnt get that much of a focus from the Actinic team. It is however an important release so feeding as much information to customers as soon as possible would be a good plan of action.

We've already noticed people being put off by the possible costs so squelching rumours and getting the facts (FACTS) made public will help people decide if its something they want to add to their site via the upgrade.

PS Will there be a `next order` button in v10?
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

PS Will there be a `next order` button in v10?
        I didn't hear it discussed at the conference, George.

Maybe you should have primed me.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hardly a big announcement though eh fella?

Ben : "and by public demand we've introduced a next order button"

Audience : *loud shrieks, screams, general chanting of `Actinic Actinic Actinic` and various people requiring medical attention due to the chaos*

errrr yeah, best keep it quiet for now.
          Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
            Audience : *loud shrieks, screams, general chanting of `Actinic Actinic Actinic` and various people requiring medical attention due to the chaos*
            Now that is what i call funny, that just nearly cost my keyboard a mouthful of cornflakes, woohoo it's Friday and the laughter has began.

Comment

Yeah, thanks George, made me lol too. That's a good start to a Friday.

Chris
              (Currently working on answers to some of the other questions)

Comment

The conference was not designed in any way to be a v10 launch so understandably it didnt get that much of a focus from the Actinic team. It is however an important release so feeding as much information to customers as soon as possible would be a good plan of action.

We've already noticed people being put off by the possible costs so squelching rumours and getting the facts (FACTS) made public will help people decide if its something they want to add to their site via the upgrade.
                totally agree george, sadly this is what happens when something is announced ahead of time, people clamour for detail that just isnt there yet. Result? rumour, speculation and mis-information and disapointment.

I've learnt over the years, to take note of new features but pencil them in for implementation at least 6-12 months later. Sad but true.

Hopefully actinic will be able to become more reactive (new featues) with the introduction of an API. Modern day packages seems to benefit from opening up let hope actinic can too

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                  Yes, sorry about that, time was tight on the day, its difficult to cover everything. As Chris mentioned we will be covering how this all works in greater detail very soon.
                  I understand that you have to cater for the masses and from what we discussed on Wednesday most people asked for clarity on the things that were detailed in Darren's presentation.

Will his presentation next year be glitch free? The poor bugger hasn't had much luck so far has he?

Army Gore-tex
                  Winter Climbing Mitts
                  webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                  Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
                    Will his presentation next year be glitch free?
                    what fun would that be?
                    Tracey

Comment

I'm going to make three separate postings in the next few minutes in the Actinic News conference on three aspects of Feefo - why independent? pricing and how it works. That should keep the discussions more compact.

Chris

Comment

Good man on releasing that info.

There must be a few peeps doing `research` on it now!
                        Football Heaven

Comment

Working...
                        X