X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

error loadinf sellerdeck

Hi im having trouble suddenly with my selldeck 2016.01

error:

SellerDeck failed to open the database DSN=SellerDeckCatalog16.
    The database may be corrupt or the version may be newer than expected.
    This prevents SellerDeck working.

The error was:

Cannot open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.
    Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

Please refer to the troubleshooting section in the MU Installation and User guide for possible solutions.

when i click ok it then says this:

Your system isn't configured correctly and SellerDeck cannot function. This is normally caused by the database components currently installed, and is acknowledged by Microsoft as a problem (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/te...redistmdac.htm).

In most cases it can be corrected by installing the latest copy (at least version 2.1.2.4202.3) of "Microsoft Data Access Components" or "MDAC" which can be downloaded from Microsoft. MDAC 2.6 is also supplied on the on Catalog install CD. If need to download it from Microsoft, click on the first link below to open your browser at the relevant page, and then follow the appropriate links.

After installing the new version of MDAC you may have to uninstall and then reinstall SellerDeck to obtain full functionality.

If you require any further assistance please contact your vendor. Contact details are available by clicking on the second link below.

when i click ok then it just shuts the software down.

I have tried to open the ActinicCatalog.mdb file with access but access doesnt like the file and disables it so I cant even try to fix the database but maybe its not that,.

I also tried a repair using Setup_SellerDeck_2016_16.0.1.0_QCHB.exe which is my current version but that had no effect.

Any help much appreciated as I have an order I need to email the tracking number to and my latest snapshot will not have that order and will be lost. so complete uninstall/ reinstall has to be the very last attempt to fix this.

Best wishes

Bhu

The directory on your PC that is used for your site has all the information that is contained in a snapshot. So the first thing I'd do is make a copy of that directory as a backup.

Once you've done that you should be able to re-install sellerdeck and get it up and running again.

It should then just be a case of copying the directory contents back again and everything should be as it was before.

Just make sure to keep your backup directory just in case anything goes wrong. As long as you have that safe then you can't be in a worst case than you are now.

Basically, you're doing the same as this http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=57046 but using a copy of the directory rather than a snapshot.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Well I just uninstalled and reinstalled from version 16.0 to 16.1 and still get this error

SellerDeck failed to open the database DSN=SellerDeckCatalog16.
      The database may be corrupt or the version may be newer than expected.
      This prevents SellerDeck working.

The error was:

Cannot open database '(unknown)'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt.
      Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

Please refer to the troubleshooting section in the MU Installation and User guide for possible solutions.

then it says

Your system isn't configured correctly and SellerDeck cannot function. This is normally caused by the database components currently installed, and is acknowledged by Microsoft as a problem (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/te...redistmdac.htm).

In most cases it can be corrected by installing the latest copy (at least version 2.1.2.4202.3) of "Microsoft Data Access Components" or "MDAC" which can be downloaded from Microsoft. MDAC 2.6 is also supplied on the on Catalog install CD. If need to download it from Microsoft, click on the first link below to open your browser at the relevant page, and then follow the appropriate links.

After installing the new version of MDAC you may have to uninstall and then reinstall SellerDeck to obtain full functionality.

If you require any further assistance please contact your vendor. Contact details are available by clicking on the second link below.

as before

I havent even re- added my original files as yet and thats from a clean install.

Any further help much appreciated.

I have tried to install MDAC_TYP.EXE downloaded from microsoft which is latest version 2.8 but not sure if its installing.

cheers

Bhu

Comment

This is where I run out of ideas.

It's odd that you still get error after a reinstall of sellerdeck. At least it suggests that the error might not be due to a corrupt database so your latest database might be OK.

It doesn't sound like any of the past problems I've seen on the forum so I think you'll probably need to get Sellerdeck support to look at the problem for you.

Mike

PS. How did your customer pay for the order? if via Paypal or a PSP then their systems should have the email address (as should your email of the payment confirmation).

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Well the tech support from sellerdeck is as usual offline and hard to come by.

Anyone else any ideas what I need to do to get my sellerdeck to work again?

Im thinking its windows components that are needed.

cheers

Bhu

Comment

Does this thread help? http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56651
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
              Thank you. That link saved the day. All working again.

Comment

Working...
              X