Improve the performance of SellerDeck EPOS:
1. Ensure you regularly compact your EPOS databases in order to keep the size of the files down and to ensure optimum performance. If using EPOS 3.0.6 onwards, please see the steps below:
* First, close down EPOS on all PCs
* Go to Start | Programs | SellerDeck EPOS | Compact | Click 'CompactDataDB'
* Go to Start | Programs | SellerDeck EPOS | Compact | Click 'CompactOrderDB'
* Go to Start | Programs | SellerDeck EPOS | Compact | Click 'CompactStockMovementDB'
* Go to Start | Programs | SellerDeck EPOS | Compact | Click 'CompactTransactionDB'
* Go to Start | Programs | SellerDeck EPOS | Compact | Click 'CompactZreadDB'
2. Check that there are no 'New barcodes' waiting to be processed, otherwise this could lead to slow performance when scanning products on the sales screen.
Go to: 'Product file | New barcodes' and ensure the list is empty - if it isnít, process the new barcodes as per the help built into SellerDeck EPOS.
3. When using EPOS network, ensure you turn off 'Show stock levels on lookup' otherwise when you perform a lookup of the sales screen, EPOS has to take the stock levels from across the network, which slows it down.
Go to Setup | this till | Un-tick 'Show stock levels on lookup'
4. If you find, when you click on 'Sales', you have to wait a long time for the sales screen to open, see below:
If you do not have hardware - such as a pole display or printer - attached to the PC, turn off the function which is responsible for enabling the hardware:
Go to Setup | this till | Printing | Un-tick 'Epson OPOS available'
If you do have hardware such as a pole display or printer attached to the PC, ensure that the printer and pole display are configured correctly - see installation guides below:
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|