No announcement yet.

Actinic Payments - orders that go into Pending Payment Service Provider page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Payments - orders that go into Pending Payment Service Provider page

Hi all
    Hope someone can explain about this as I can't find the answer online.
    We are running Actinic Payments - set up so that payment is committed at the point of sale (i.e. not pre-authorised).
    We are getting some orders going into the Pending Payment Service Provider page and it appears, from the message that shows on screen, that the reason the orders have gone into this page is that the order has not been completed by the customer (possibly because they have closed their screen before completing their payment details). With some customers, it would appear that they have done this a number of times for the same order as they have numerous entries in the Pending Payment Service Provider page for orders for the same items.
    My question is - what should we do with these orders and customers? And is lack of completing the order the only reason an order goes into the Pending Payment Service Provider page or is it possible that theyhave had some connection issues that has meant the order has been 'broken'? Should we be getting in touch with them and taking the order as a Mail order Telephone Order (and cancelling the original order) or should we wait for them to get in touch with us?
    I'd be very grateful for an answer from someone who has more than experience than us of running a store using Actinic payments. Thanks, Andy.

Andy,

Same story if someone walks into your shop, they say they are looking for hair gel which you don't have - do you just say 'oh well' or do you say 'we do have some hair spray if that's any use?'

E-mail them after a couple of hours of the PSP pending order coming down - give them a reason to come back to you, ask if there was a problem and offer the ability to order by telephone - a lot of people seem to freak out when asked for their card details by a computer but are fine talking to a real human on the other end of the phone.

With regards to orders going into PSP pending because they 'break' due to connection issues - I'd guess this is very unlikely and only seems to have ever happened when the PSP has had a problem, not the site the customer came from (ie. your shop).

Comment

You will get them.
      You can put it down to people checking things out, people losing their internet connection, competition checking you out, people having second thoughts etc.

There are ways you can reduce this, and that's buy adding things to your site. You could use live chat on the checkout pages to answer any question quickly, making your information e.g. delivery rates, security info, payment types, clearly accessible on your main pages, Grants suggestion of emailing them or ringing them to ask if everything was ok.......
      At the end of day you will get them, you just need to monitor it and tweak things to reduce it.
      "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

Thanks guys

...plenty of good advice. Many thanks

Comment

Working...
        X