No order confirmation when buyer uses Paypal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No order confirmation when buyer uses Paypal

Actinic normally sends me two emails: a Catalog order received email and a copy of the order confirmation sent to the customer. In addition I get an email from Sagepay who handle online card payments.

If customers use Paypal I do not get the order confirmation, only a Catalog order received email and a payment confirmation from Paypal.

It is very helpful to be able to know details of the order when I am out of the office and cannot download it until I am back. I'm using v8.5.3.

Any suggestions on how to remedy this?

Best wishes
    Martin

Originally posted by martindowling View Post
    There's a specific forum for Payment Services, always best to have a look and search in there before posting. Searching the forum for answers is always a good idea, not only will it show you people with the same problems and what they did to correct it (if anything), it also helps to stop the dilution of the search results.

Always use the Google search for best results.

Thread has now been moved into the correct forum.

Comment

Originally posted by martindowling View Post
      Actinic normally sends me two emails: a Catalog order received email and a copy of the order confirmation sent to the customer. In addition I get an email from Sagepay who handle online card payments.

If customers use Paypal I do not get the order confirmation, only a Catalog order received email and a payment confirmation from Paypal.

It is very helpful to be able to know details of the order when I am out of the office and cannot download it until I am back. I'm using v8.5.3.

Best wishes
      Martin
      Common problem due to the customer not returning to your site after paying. Plenty of more detailed info on the forum.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Hi Martin,

Have you seen my post on this topic? http://community.actinic.com/showthr...t=45631&page=3

I think this is still an ongoing issue to be honest. It might be worth checking your error logs at http://YOURADDRESS/acatalog/error.err and seeing if there are any notable errors in there. The one that seems to be linked to PayPal problems mentions shopping carts expiring after a certain length of time.

There was one suggested solution from Actinic support (see my post above) which worked for some, but not for others. It seemed to reduce the frequency of the problem for us, but it still occurs.
        Cheers
        Stuart

Comment

Working...
        X