Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Secure Epayments to Global Iris (Realex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you would like to pass along my details to Gordon, I’ll gladly speak to him. It’s difficult for us to contact SellerDeck directly as we need to raise a support ticket and we don’t have an account.

As detailed in my last email: it appears this happened because a customer did not finish the checkout process within the timeframe Actinic requires the transaction response to be sent. Our system works in real time so it will send a response as soon as a transaction is posted to it.

Best,

Seán

Gordon, can I have an email address to give Sean, or would you please email him? I have sent his email address to you on the support ticket for this problem.
    I'm spending a hell of a lot of time trying to sort this out, and if I'm blunt, I dont think its me who should be sorting it out. I bought a product thats not working properly, and I think it should be fixed so it does.
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Re expiry: Do you mean how Expiry period for Shopping carts?
      I have 'delete shopping carts after : 3 hours' which is the default. How long should this be set for then do you think?
      Yes. this sets the expiry time for the session file which holds all the order details. After this time actinic cleans up the webspace by deleting these files.

Going by this description from Gordon, Actinic uses the session file when the callback arrives to create the payment file. This explains why it can still be completed, even after the .ord file has been downloaded and deleted.

So any callback that comes in after the session file for that order has been deleted is going to fail because actinic knows nothing about it.

You can increase the session expiry time to avoid this kind of problem. The only downside is that there'll be a few more session files floating around on the server until the expiry time is reached. Not a problem for most of us.

As Gordon says earlier in the thread.

Depends on the life of the session file. The session file will be removed whenever any script is called after the cart expiry period. By default the expiry is 3 hours so usually authorisations may be accepted up to 3 hours after an order is placed. The session will also expire if the same PC/Browser is used to place another order within the expiry period.

The expiry period can be changed in 'Web | Configure Expiry Periods'.
      You could increase this to 12 hours if you like. You would still end up with orders in the PSP pending tab until they were eventually paid but that would be what should happen anyway.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I'm pleased to report that Gordon (Sellerdeck support) has been communicating directly with Realex. Raising the cart expiry to 24hrs will hopefully make a difference... and some other changes have been made at the Realex end as well.. fingers crossed.
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
        X