X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also Bought Generation Slowed Up

Running v16.03.RBUC
    - using an access database
    - generate and import products from an excel spreadsheet (ca. 9,000 at present)
    - import orders from our order process database which we run entirely separately

Generate Best Sellers once orders imported, very quick and no problem.

Generate Also Bought products is taking in excess of 2 hours, used to be 10 minutes or less.

Still running on the same laptop it was, not upgraded windows, not changed firewall settings (zonealarm).

Looking at Resource Monitor shows CPU usage 25% (quad core), no other significant cpu usage, no disk or network usage to talk of and memory seems fine.

I compact the database on exit, I've run repair separately, I've deleted the also bought table and reinstated it from another website.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Reduced Time

Action: open and repair orders database, clear my catalogue database, reimport products and reimport orders, generate best sellers, generate also bought.

Result: 70 minutes which is an improvement.

Extra info: orders date back to 2016 - ca: 40,000

Comment

Am I right in thinking you're saying you're experiencing an increase in time for the 'also bought' generation from 10 minutes to 70 minutes despite everything else staying the same. i.e. same version of Sellerdeck, no website design changes, etc?

If so then all I can think of that might slow sellerdeck down is the updating of pages in the background. You could make sure you don't have any page preview windows open in either the content or design tabs just in case this is the problem.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
        Am I right in thinking you're saying you're experiencing an increase in time for the 'also bought' generation from 10 minutes to 70 minutes despite everything else staying the same. i.e. same version of Sellerdeck, no website design changes, etc?

If so then all I can think of that might slow sellerdeck down is the updating of pages in the background. You could make sure you don't have any page preview windows open in either the content or design tabs just in case this is the problem.

Mike
        Thanks for the idea but that doesn't make a difference unfortunately and I think, wait to be corrected, that should show up in Disk activity which it wasn't. On a decent connection the website uploads in around an hour and that runs through all the pages showing those as Disk activity.

Comment

Thanks for the idea but that doesn't make a difference unfortunately and I think, wait to be corrected, that should show up in Disk activity which it wasn't
          It might do but I'm not sure either way. I think Sellerdeck generates pages for the preview windows in the background in it's cache memory so I'm not sure if that will show up as disk activity or not.

I can't think of anything else straight off but will ponder it for a while just in case I get any inspiration.

Mike

Comment

Stripped duplicate products, reduced the number of orders and it's made little difference to the generation time.

Comment

I haven't been able to come up with any good ideas for fixing this.

If you're still having this problem and are looking for some more things to try then the best I can come up with is to try doing it with the network / internet disconnected and Zonealarm Firewall / Anti-virus completely turned off.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X