Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal Pro, V8, 3d Secure

Hi all,

Is it possible to make use of 3d secure with paypal pro and actinic business v8?

If not, is it even possible to use 3d secure with actinic?

Many Thanks

matt
    http://www.itwiz.co.uk

http://www.AntiV.net - The Discount Antivirus Store

Surely 3D secure is part of your PSP integration, its not an add on.

Comment

Hi Jo,

I didn't realise I had suggested it was an add on.

Let me rephrase... My client is set on having 3d secure. They currently have V8 Biz, with paypal pro. I can't find a way of facilitating 3d secure with PPpro. Does anyone know how to do this?
      http://www.itwiz.co.uk

http://www.AntiV.net - The Discount Antivirus Store

Comment

Originally posted by mattc View Post
        Hi Jo,

I didn't realise I had suggested it was an add on.

Let me rephrase... My client is set on having 3d secure. They currently have V8 Biz, with paypal pro. I can't find a way of facilitating 3d secure with PPpro. Does anyone know how to do this?
        As Jo said 3D secure is provided by the psp, so you need to select a psp who provides 3D secure, such as Protx or NoChex. Try a web search for 3D secure

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

Pretty much every PSP can supply a 3D secure service these days, including Actinic Payments.

Chris

Comment

including paypal pro?

Comment

As far as I'm aware, no.

Chris

Comment

I think it's fair to say that the benefits of integration and security with Actinic Payments make it a far better choice than paypal pro.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
                  I think it's fair to say that the benefits of integration and security with Actinic Payments make it a far better choice than paypal pro.

Mike
                  Actinic payments as worked well for me.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                  SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                  Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post

Mike
                    To be honest PPP would be my last choice, and i don't think I'd even use it then.

At best its a bodge, and without 3d secure, its a joke

Comment

From what I can see, Paypal Pro will work with UK debit cards. It doesn't support 3dsecure but I believe it has an extension allowing it to accept these cards without it.

The latest I could find, from paypal themselves on their website payment pro support forum is:

04-10-2008 08:59 AM

If you want or need SecureCard or VbV, obtain your own merchant account and gateway for direct credit card processing and just use PayPal for person-to-person payments.
                      As, you say Jo. Best avoided.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I spent ages searching PPP forums and WWW looking for info on PPP/3D - i couldn't really beleive it wasn't integrated.

Final nail in the coffin for me

My fav mantra when drinking white wine is ABC - anything but chardonnay
                        i'll have to add another KMBIGATIPPP (kill me before I get asked to integrate PPP)

Comment

Paypal Pro and 3D Secure - yes!

Had this today from Paypal (I'm using Pro)

We’ve noticed that you haven’t yet set up 3-D Secure on your website, so we want to recommend that you do this as soon as possible. Please remember that as of 21st January 2010, you will not be able to process Maestro payments through UK Website Payments Pro – Direct Credit Card Payments without 3-D Secure technology.

What is 3-D Secure?

3-D Secure is the technology behind MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by Visa, which will helps reduce the risk of chargebacks and add an extra layer of security to your business. From 21st January 2010, 3-D Secure will be essential for processing Maestro payments through UK Website Payments Pro – Direct Credit Card Payments. If you don't have 3-D Secure, these payments will be declined.

Get started now

You can set up 3-D Secure free of charge through PayPal or Cardinal Commerce, our chosen 3-D Secure technology provider. Avoid disruption to your business and get started now - simply register to receive details of the next steps.

Comment

i would give up, get a real psp

im supprised no one mentioned PPP, Actinic and PCI in the same paragraph, i know its an old thread but sure we were discussing this before then

https://www.paypal-business.co.uk/3Dsecure.asp

Comment

Paypal Pro and 3D Secure - soon

Personally I like Paypal Pro and Virtual terminal and have never had any problems. Evidently Actinic is working with Paypal as I have had this from them:

Currently, your shopping cart is not yet setup for you to be able to turn on Verified by Visa/MasterCard SecureCode.

PayPal is currently working with your shopping cart in order to add this functionality for their merchants. We have flagged your account with your shopping cart so once these programs are available, we will notify you with instructions ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X