Actinic Single Page Checkout Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Single Page Checkout Plugin

Anyone using the Teclan Actinic Single Page Checkout Plugin.

If so what do you think and what's the URL so that I can see it in action.

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Teclan have an example on a test store here:
    http://www.teclan.net/singlecart/

Comment

That's exactly the question I wanted to ask?

Here's a link to the Teclan demo:

http://www.teclan.net/

Apparently it works fine if your payment method is with a PSP rather than on site.

I'd be interested in seeing how others are getting on with it? In effect it's still all those pages just sliding in and out, but it looks more dynamic than the original.
      Helen
      www.postapresent.co.uk
      Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Comment

oh... thats neat.. i had missed that

nice work Fergus

Apparently it works fine if your payment method is with a PSP rather than on site.
        all payment processing should be with psp nowadays anyway. the only other scenario where this may not work is paypalpro. Does anyone know about that?

what about if you have 2 psps or psp and paypal website payments

Comment

Sorry Duncan,

Must have been typing at the same time!
          Helen
          www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

i like the sliding look but still too much scrolling waste of space,
            will wait and see what actinic updates in the future before parting with cash.

The problem for us with the plug in is you still have to choose your country first, then address details, then all the other stuff,
            if we could view both address and delivery address on one page plus reduced more than that would be nice!
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Many thanks for the comments and feedback.
              This plug-in is a brand new add-on for Actinic from teclan borne out of many requests from Actinic users and one we hope to see develop and grow with feedback from users and the community.
              We have tested a whole range of payment methods, checkout procedures, Google analytic integration, postcode lookup and many other variations in the Actinic checkout and we feel we have tested these scenarios successfully. We also actively support installations of this solution and can install this solution remotely, directly for users should they wish.

There are a number of options in terms of customisations that can be performed in this feature e.g. switching the cart contents display on/off.
              We are also aware that there will be many requests for added features which we will gratefully take on board.
              One development we are already looking at, for example, is a better, more compact checkout layout that will "sit" more effectively within the checkout "tabs".
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
                One development we are already looking at, for example, is a better, more compact checkout layout that will "sit" more effectively within the checkout "tabs".
                Great work Sharkey.

I like the tabs idea also, a simple click instead of a scroll would be nice to see with active tab coloured accordingly.

Comment

Wesley,

From what I can gather from Actinic, they are only reducing it by 1 page in V10.

I have come across a site where everything is neatly put on one page, but I cannot find the url to show you, that to me would be the best option:

Invoice address
                  Delivery address
                  Payment
                  Other General bits

If I can find it (cos it's bugging me now) I will post it here.
                  Helen
                  www.postapresent.co.uk

Comment

hi, although i think one page is good on some sites i have seen it can be cluttered with too much info going on.
                    I am not a designer but i feel a designer could make a checkout page fit in one or two pages that looks easy to navigate.

Actinic is reducing by one page, it will be interesting to see what this actually comes out like.

The plug in so far is slicker for sure but still too many pages albeit scrolling, obviously its hard to fit something that will appeal to all.

IT would be good if actinic could give us an idea of what they will be doing.
                    If we can get away from scrolling on the checkout thats a big step forward.
                    Simpler and cleaner please
                    wes
                    Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
                      I am not a designer but i feel a designer could make a checkout page fit in one or two pages that looks easy to navigate.
                      Thanks for the feedback Wesley. As I mentioned above this plug-in is the first step down this road. We fully intend to demonstrate different checkout layout options within Actinic (more example sites to follow on teclan.net) however we also appreciate that this will not be a panacea for all Actinic checkout ills. It's primary aim is to improve the customer checkout experience and increase conversions, reduce drop-outs and ultimately increase sales. Wherever we can confirm that a feature will help achieve these objectives then we will aim to impement it where possible.
                      I'll update this post with any future updates.
                      Thanks for the feedback so far.
                      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

My own thoughts on this is that the page should display both Invoice and Delivery address with a button to copy invoice into delivery if required

Never understood why country needs to have its own page as I would have thought it would be better in a pull down in the shopping cart so you see the full cost of the sale rather than wait untill the second page (badly explained I know, Hope you all understand)
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

A method of choosing your country when entering the site initially would avoid that.

Worth a discussion.

Perhaps.
                          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

ferg, this is *beautiful*

Comment

Just installed this morning on my site www.satellite.ie , feel free to check it out with test orders if you wish. Its a huge improvement over the original and I think it could be improved even further. For example google autofill does not currently work and if you are using a PSP, stage 3 where its asks "How did you find our site" etc could be incorporated into stage 2. I also agree that the country drop down does not really need its own page. I would speculate that a lot of this has to do with the limitations of actinic, perhaps Fergus might like to give an insight on this.
                              www.satellite.ie

Comment

Working...
                              X