Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd Man looking Dodgy

Hi
    just gone to the 3rd man website and got this http://www.datacash.com/page.php?pageid=The-Third-Man so I phoned up twice and both times got someone with a scant grasp of English who had never heard of 3rd Man. This is very very bad. This is a firm we are trusting to check card security and they have never heard of the company they are answering the phone for. What the heck is going on.
    A very concerned Steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your query.

For future reference "The Thirdman" has always been a part of the "DataCash Group", they have just changed the domain name over recently. I guess they are very slowly migrating things over to be part of their main brand.

The best contact details for the ThirdMan / DataCash Fraud Prevention Services are below (Note: Any support for ThirdMan support issues should go through Actinic Support):

0845 8385350
    customerservice@the3rdman.co.uk (This email address is still current, although they may change it in the future)
    Paul Murphy
    Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Paul,
      thanks for the reply. Pretty shoddy operating by Mastercard IMHO and not confidence building. I know it`s not your fault, but it does reflect badly, a bit like when my delivery company lets me down.
      Regards Steve

Comment

I should just clarify that you should raise queries about 3rd Man / Datacash Fraud Services with Actinic Support.

Chris

Comment

Absolutely, but as I would imagine that in-common with other people I only need to contact 3rd man when I have a particularly awkward transaction to process, I thought bringing this to the attention of the community was valid. What the thread has achieved is that everyone now has updated contact details for 3rd man support. We all run e commerce websites and understand how vital it is that trust is maintained and that good communication is a big part of that, and for a Mastercard group company to make such a gaff is pretty bad.
          Possibly an email from Actinic to all Actinic payment users with these updated details would be appropriate.
          Cheers Steve

Comment

Unfortunately the service provided through Actinic doesn't come with any right to get support of any type direct from Datacash / 3rd Man.

Such service is available direct from Datacash / 3rd Man, but starts at around £1,000 a month.

Sorry if that's not been made clear previously.

Chris

Comment

3rd man have so far been very good, just ring the right number and a guy picks up the phone and speaks to you, dead straight forwards, no asking for account numbers or anything, only rung up 3 times and each time the experience was very positive, the only glitch was when I rang the new number this morning.
              Old fashioned someone will talk to you in the computer age, Mole End do it to, and Actinic are pretty good, and Claire is the best ;-) that's your bench mark.

Comment

As I said, unfortunately you're not entitled to call Datacash Fraud / 3rd Man. All of our third party deals work like this, with Actinic doing the marketing, sales, integration and support.

It's the way we can bring enterprise class features to our customers at prices that are affordable for SMEs.

So please don't call them again. If people do, it potentially puts the deals at risk as a major point in our discussions with our partners is the low cost for them.

Chris

Comment

Okay.
                  Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X