Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Secure Epayments to Global Iris (Realex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhth View Post
    As a quick aside

It does appear to bugger up the return receipt by not putting it in a frame

I'm guessing as I've had to take out all the Sellerdeck logic from the RealEx template that the frames have got a bit confused with the CV3 validation pop up.

However the link back to the receipt is

https :// www . nippergrip . com /cgi-bin/os000001.pl?SEQUENCE=3&ACTION=Finish&ORDERNUMBER=<Order Number>&REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2enippergrip%2ecom%2fshop%2fcatalog%2ehtml&

Does the os000001.pl script assume it is running in a frame or is there a way to get it to re-paint the website and embed the receipt in it?

Or is there something I need to have in the template I send RealEx?

J/.
    All I needed to put in the template was the <!--E-PAGE TABLE HERE--> tag.
    Realex then puts all its business in a table there..
    that includes the payment screen and the subsequent payment messages.
    The 'success' message is accompanied by a text link to the receipt page.. (which actinic produces)
    The receipt page is always just a 'standalone' receipt, with no graphics etc.. for printing.
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I had Realex working until last night. This morning, it will not upload, keeps telling me that PostRealex.fil is missing and to copy it into CommonOCC from OCCUpgrade.
      a) the file is not missing - it's there locally and on the server but I copied it across anyway
      b) it totally screwed the rest of the website with this error, forcing me into multiple snapshot imports and wasting a whole morning
      c) I had originally changed PostRealex.fil according to the bug code mentioned earlier
      d) changing back to the default PostRealex.fil made zero difference
      e) I have removed Releax from the site as it's more trouble than it's worth
      f) no-one at Realex can help

Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

nightmare

to be fair to Realex this doesnt sound like it could be their fault.

Sounds like a very odd problem.. but it must be local to your system no?
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

what did you use to edit PostRealex.fil ? Did you use notepad?
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I know it's not Realex's fault really, I'm just thoroughly fed up with it all. I hadn't changed anything important when this happened. I had changed one image link on an unrelated page, that's all.
            I used notepad to edit PostRealex.fil, yes.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I agree its horrible to be pushed into changes when we dont want them... especially when they go wrong. My Realex integration has just been switched to live, I'll let you know how that goes for me.

It seems very odd that your PostRealex.fil file disappeared. I've no idea about that.
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                It seems very odd that your PostRealex.fil file disappeared.
                It didn't disappear - it was there in all the right places and looked perfectly normal. That's the worrying thing. Just Sellerdeck wasn't finding it. Support now have the details so I will update you when I hear back.

Comment

I know I' biased, but I don't understand why everyone isn't switching to Actinic Payments.

It has loads of time saving features, is well priced, is based on a super-reliable network and you can support for all problems with just one phone call.

Chris

Comment

Chris - we have AP too, but it costs more than HSBC so it's our back up PSP.

Comment

I'm just checking out Realex... (its also cheaper for me.) but AP will be my next choice if Realex gives me problems. I also very much like the fact that Realex allow you to upload a fully customised template to their SSL server...

I'm not knocking AP though.. I know its a good system.
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Is the AVS checking working OK for those using RealEx on a live site?

We just tried to go live after plenty of testing but is seems the test card date just simulates the responses and not much of the data supplies from our Actinic site.

Address details are not getting passed through to RealEx in the correct way, so all the address and post code checks come back a "U" - meaning Unavailable.

I have talked to realEx about it and they say:

In the post that came to our server the following fields were empty:

<tssinfo>
                        <custnum/>
                        <prodid/>
                        <varref/>
                        <custipaddress>xx.xx.x.xxx</custipaddress>
                        <address type="billing">
                        <code/>
                        <country/>
                        </address>
                        <address type="shipping">
                        <code/>
                        <country/>
                        </address>
                        </tssinfo>

This is why no AVS check was performed. So for some reason the details entered on the website didn't populate the relevant fields.
                        Anyone else seen this?
                        Is it just us and OK for the rest of you?

RealEx are looking at it but worth seeing if anyone else is having trouble.
                        David
                        Tantronics Limited
                        Batteries - Chargers - Portable Power - Photo Accessories
                        www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

I have Realex running live and your are right... on the transaction results screen , under transaction ID I have

Suitability scores in the high 90's (which is good)
                          but the
                          AVS postcode result and
                          AVS address result
                          both have 'U' next to them.. same as you.

I hadnt noticed this till now.. you are correct.. it looks like actinic isnt passing the address details to realex.
                          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

OK, well that's kind of good, at least we know it isn't something we or you have done.

I have sent the details over to RealEx for them to look at so hopefully we should get some feedback later, I'll post an update once we know more.
                            David
                            Tantronics Limited
                            Batteries - Chargers - Portable Power - Photo Accessories
                            www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

Ours has been like that since the switchover. On the one hand Realex approves everything so long as the 3 digit code is correct. On the other, no more stuff being held in Fraud Review for the customer's crime of daring to live in a flat ...

Comment

ok thanks.

this is a mixed bag for me...
                                When I was using secure Epayments, I always had a bunch of orders in 'fraud review' every morning. I would check these and find that a large proportion were there because of the wrong postcode. In fact often the wrong address as well. However, most of my customers are young.. a lot are students.. and lots of them dont seem to understand that you need to put in the invoice address (where the card is registered) and the shipping address (where they now live) seperately. The sales values are low, and I decided early on to allow 99% of orders in fraud review, its 3 years of doing this and I never had a single chargeback ! So in a way, the fact that the AVS postcode check goes through without me having to 'allow' it every day is a bonus. In fact Realex doesnt have a 'fraud review' so I imagine if it was working correctly lots of my orders would fail.. So I'm not sure at this stage that I want it fixed.
                                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                                X