Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new version of sagepay (v3) coming at end of 2014

I've just had an email from SagePay (now worldpay ?) saying the following:
    At Sage Pay, we're passionate about helping you keep your competitive edge in a constantly evolving market. That's why we’re committed to delivering new solutions, features & enhancements to help support your business and have introduced the latest version of our payment system, Sage Pay v3.
    seems like v2 is turned off at the end of the year
    • December 31st 2014 - we will be disabling older payment systems (v2.0-2.23 Form transactions) on the test gateway
    • July 31st 2015 - support for older payments systems (v2.0-2.23 Form) will be removed
    is there any upgrades available yet ?
    I'm currently on v8 and personally have'nt found any requirement to move to the latest version.

Any response from SellerDeck????

This is likely to be a major issue for some users but no reply from SellerDeck

Do we all assume we have to find an alternative eStore that WILL support our payment system?

SellerDeck have not replied to this post - or another I posted sometime ago

I am now researching alternatives - I don't want to as I like SellerDeck but if I cant accept payments then they are useless to me
    Jane

Comment

Come on sellerdeck,
      I posted this one over two weeks ago,
      surely there must be an official answer even if its "tough luck - we won't be making changes"

Comment

I think you should raise directly with support (or raise the question face-to-face if you're going to the conference later this month). I no doubt expect they are aware of the changes but an implementation timescale would be good to hear. Last time the protocol was changed updates were made available for previous Actinic/SellerDeck releases as well as the current one.

Comment

I am somewhat surprised that Sellerdeck haven't responded to this thread.

It would be really useful to know whether there is anything in the pipeline - or just an acknowledgement that something needs to be done.

In this instance, no news is not good news.
          Mike Booker
          M B Web Services
          mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
          +44 1932 340318

Comment

Don't hold your breath (I know you're not) - they're in a mess with PSPs all round.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by completerookie View Post
              I've just had an email from SagePay (now worldpay ?) saying the following:

seems like v2 is turned off at the end of the year

is there any upgrades available yet ?
              I'm currently on v8 and personally have'nt found any requirement to move to the latest version.
              I asked this question directly to Sellerdeck a few weeks back as I am working on a custom Sellerdeck integration to see which of the three API they were intending to use, the answer was they are working on it but were not prepared to divulge the details.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

This is becoming an urgent issue that needs an official answer from Sellerdeck.

Sagepay are quite clear that they will switch off support for v2.23 in the summer - when I asked them about integration with Sellerdeck they replied with :

I can confirm that we are aware of the problem that Sellerdeck won`t work with protocol 3.00 and we have been in conversations with Sellerdeck, they are currently working on the issue. However, unfortunately, I cannot provide a time frame on this. You mentioned that you are going to speak to Sellerdeck directly, maybe they can give you more information with regards to a time scale?
                Until Sellerdeck make an official statement none of us know how we stand on this. In my own case I have several websites running various versions from v6 through to v10 all of which are in a starting to panic.

I managed to speak with David Dunnington in Sellerdeck sales who seemed unaware of the issue or the unanswered questions on this forum but did say he would make management aware that customers are waiting for news and getting jumpy.

Comment

seems there is some movement on thsi topic - see thread: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=55384

Comment

Sellerdeck censored threads

Some of you may have been following the thread linked to in my last post but you will notice that Sellerdeck have removed it today. At the same time they closed their other thread on this topic and deleted everyone's comments todate http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...811#post346811

In a private message to me they gave the reason as "The community thread is not actually helping people"

The suspicious among you will be itching to know whats going on. I dont want to risk this thread being closed too so wont go into details. The headline news at the moment is:

Sagepay V2.xx support ceases July 2015
                    SagePay V3.00 will ONLY be supported in Sellerdeck V11 and above.
                    There is NO public release date
                    There is NO support or fix being offered if you run an older version.

and apparently that IS helpful ...

Comment

Sage Pay v3

Hi all,

Just to clarify on the above posting:

- SellerDeck will be providing the v3 integration before the v2.23 is retired.

- There is no formal release date, currently, but we should know soon.

-The v3.00 integration will be supported on SellerDeck v11 and above. If you use a prior release, the please contact SellerDeck Sales to discuss your options, or SellerDecek Support if you are a Cover Subscriber.

Thanks
                      Paul Murphy
                      Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Given the efforts you are going to to make this work, could you now do the same for the Realex/Global integration for v2014 which was removed without any notice to cover subscribers.
                        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I have a client with two shops on v10, both using SagePay. To have to upgrade to a later version just to continue operating seems overkill.

I recognise that this is a SagPay decision not to support older versions, but it would be helpful to know if the Sellerdeck fix for V11 upward could be used to manually upgrade v10. Some advice to this would be very helpful - I'm not averse to editing perl scripts, and have already done a PHP upgrade for non Sellerdeck clients.

Note to all - SagePay v3 throws errors with older versions of IE - e.g. IE9, this happens when you are in SagePay and click the Pay NOw button - but payment still goes through.
                          Mike Booker
                          M B Web Services
                          mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
                          +44 1932 340318

Comment

I have a working solution for V10 and I am fairly confident it will work down to at least V6. I provided the code for this to Sellerdeck several weeks ago and is why I am particularly displeased that they are not sharing this.

Publishing it here for everyone's benefit would likely cause this thread to be deleted because I would have to reveal what was only hinted at in the previously censored threads.

imho is a waste of time contacting Sellerdeck Sales as suggested as the advice currently being proffered is to switch from Sagepay to Sellerdeck payments or upgrade to V11+, inconvenient, costly and unnecessary in all cases.

As to the IE9 problem - my understanding is that this is a separate issue and should be raised directly with Sagepay.

ps: My previous post was and still is 100% accurate and required no clarification. Additionally Sellerdeck only this week U-turned their position from offering ALL Sagepay and Sellerdeck customers a solution just V11+ customers and for the moment at least, it feels like even that is far from certain.

Comment

winsbury
                              Thanks for the update - would you be wiling to share the code? I'm surprised Sellerdeck haven't passed it on, but of course they would either need to caveat it, or verify it.

Yes the IE9 issue is a SagePay one - I have raised it with them and got the response that I should use a newer browser or preferably Chrome or FF. I didn't dignify their answer with a response. I know IE9 is getting rare, but in my opinion still needs support for a while.

I agree also that contacting sales it not the way to go.
                              Mike Booker
                              M B Web Services
                              mbws@mbwebs.co.uk
                              +44 1932 340318

Comment

Working...
                              X