Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After upgrade to v16 PayPal tries to go to US site and stops working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a v10 brought to v16 (one version at a time) One Payment option is PayPal Website Payments. In v10 the settings are just the merchant ID. In v16 you need merchant ID and Identity token and there are some styling options.

Once the v16 site was published PayPal sopped working and would not process orders. PayPal say the link is going to the US site and so won't let any orders ship. They haven't been able to fix this and have told the client to open an elevated ticket.

Has anyone had experience of upgrading a Sellerdeck site and PayPal randomly deciding to go to the US site and not the UK one. Nothing has been altered by me in this respect.

This is the URL:
    Code:
    https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart?flowlogging_id=xxxxxxxxxxxxx&mfid=xxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxx#/checkout/error/invalidAddressError?data=purchase_units%5B0%5D.item_list.shipping_address.country_code&data=purchase_units%5B0%5D.item_list.shipping_address.country_code&code=ADDRESS_ERROR"]https://www.paypal.com/webapps/shoppingcart?flowlogging_id=xxxxxxxxxxxxx&mfid=xxxxxxxxxxxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxxx#/checkout/error/invalidAddressError?data=purchase_units%5B0%5D.item_list.shipping_address.country_code&data=purchase_units%5B0%5D.item_list.shipping_address.country_code&code=ADDRESS_ERROR
    This is what is displayed by PayPal:

Thank you
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

I haven't come across this but there have been some issues with the use of UK Vs GB for country codes and where people have been using UK1 type non standard codes for regional shipping.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike, I already read that thread.

The site had 'limited by location' ticked under Business settings, Payment and security but the 'countries' were 'Scottish Highlands excl islands and Mainland Britain excluding Scottish highlands'.

I assume that as these are not countries no country code is sent so PayPal defaults to US. I therefore have changed the 'limited by location' country to United Kingdom.

Karsten Panning in support also sent instructions to update:
      - Settings, Locations
      - Tax - this needed (apparently) to b by adress rather than 'always apply')
      - Shipping and Handling

This is what Mr Panning sent:

Ok what I think would be best for you to do is use the standard country 'United Kingdom' as the country and then divide this up into sub regions using the 'States/Provinces' function, this should then supply you with the correct address and PayPal will select 'United KIngdom' as the country, so will operate correctly.

To do this, please go to 'Settings | Locations' and set it up in a similar manner to the image below: -

Remove the following entries designated as countries - 'UK Mainland', 'UK Highlands', 'UK Northern Ireland' and 'UK Islands' and change the country code for 'United Kingdom' to 'UK' and click 'OK'.

Then go to 'Settings | Business Settings | Tax' and go to the 'Tax Zones' and select the zone - 'UK Tax Zone' and click the button 'Edit Zone'.
      In the box that opens go to the right hand 'Available Regions' window and scroll down to 'United Kingdom' and select it, then click the < button to transfer it into the 'Zone Members' window and click 'OK' and then click the 'Apply' button in the main 'Tax' pane.

Once you have done this go to the 'Shipping and Handling' pane and go to the 'Zone/Class Tables' tab.

Go to the 'Zone/Class Configuration' window and one at a time select each of your zones 'UK Mainland', 'UK Highlands', 'UK Northern Ireland' and 'UK Islands' in turn, right click and select 'Properties'.
      In the right hand window scroll down the country list until you reach 'United Kingdom' and click the + expansion button to expand the regions below it.

Select the region relevant to the zone you are in (i.e. if you are in the 'UK Islands' zone, then you will select te 'UK Islands' region) and click the < button to transfer the region into the 'Members' window as in the image below: -

I will remote into the client and try to apply this today.
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

We've not had that problem.

I rememeber I did a test a while back and country code "GB" did not work for us, but country code "UK" works for us.

We had an ongoing problem with Paypal Website Payments whereby a fully paid order would go into the PSP Pending.

After a long time troubleshooting, on 4th Jan 2018 agreed with Josh Barling to move onto Paypal Express as that method will be fully supported and doesn't have this problem (Paypal Website Payment is looking like having a low priority support)

We used to setup so UK is split up to different countries, and it worked for us (eg. UK - Northern Ireland etc.) and this won't work with Paypal Express.

So, we recently started to use the "Regions" and setup all the counties for the UK to make Paypal Express work for us... (implemented 1 month ago)

We are on SQL multi user - when we do added regions and then move them alphabetically, then go to add them in the Tax Zone = our program crashed (everytime), but when you re-login, the regions are in, but not in the alphabetical order (!!?!)... so I had to log out on each step.

If you are moving onto Paypal Express...

#1 : PSP-220 - Customers no longer have to enter feedback input twice when shipping changes are made with PayPal Express Checkout
        : a script change resolved this
        : fix in v18.0.0

#2 : PSP-568 : PayPal accounts without County/State no longer break PayPal Express Checkout
        : ongoing problem, customers have <blank> fields, abbreviated etc...
        : fix in v18.0.0
        : due to this problem, I'm receiving hundreds of "Error in Catalog order" emails...
        I do look at them, and add the county to the list where appropriate...

#3: For #2, the default error message customers see is "
        Please select a state/province for UK - United Kingdom"
        - it is vague, does not mention "County" so need to change it...
        - changing in Design > Text (with Phase -1 and ID 359) = did not work, it keeps displaying the default message
        to resolve, have to manually amend the message in ActinicOrder.pm
        - now a bug ref: SD-7352

#4: Now trying to resolve: We don't receive any notification of payment for orders paid by Paypal Express (we do for Paypal Website Payments)...

Comment

Definitely PayPal will not work with invented countries that don't have a valid ISO code.

I'm not sure why the problem would have occurred only on upgrade to v16 and not in v10.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Ayway, I did all that and it is all fine.

Payment and security limited to United Kingdom.
            Regions defined in Locations
            Shipping revised.

Client did have 'always apply taxes' ticked. I switched to location and did Karsten Panning's instruction but got this error on upload and upload failed:

Code:
            After cross-checking the locations in all zones, some countries have been found that are not a member of the Shipping and Payment zones.

A full list of the invalid locations is given below or you can view them in Notepad by clicking 'View'

To correct this problem, please check the following: 

- if you ship to the USA/Canada, check that they are included in the 'No Tax Levied' zone or that 'Do not allow 'None of the above' as a zone member' is un-ticked

- using the 'Limit by Location' option for your payment methods can also cause this problem so check in 'Settings | Business Settings | Payment and Security tab' to review your configuration.

Austria is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Belgium is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Cyprus is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Denmark is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Finland is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            France is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Germany is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Greece is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Hungary is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Ireland is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Italy is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Latvia is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Luxembourg is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Netherlands is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Poland is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Portugal is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Seychelles is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Singapore is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Spain is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            Sweden is used in Tax but is not selected for any Payment zone.
            So I reverted to 'Always apply' and all was well.

I am not altogether sure I needed to apply all Karsten's fixes but he was adamant and wouldn't enter into any discussion. My opinion is that sorting the country in Payment and Security, Limited by Location is what fixed it.

Thank you for your interest.
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer

Comment

Working...
            X