Product Page outer layout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Page outer layout

By default, shouldn't the outer layout for generated separate product pages be the same as the parent, especially as there is no site or product layout setting for the outer layout of individual product pages? I find that if I create a design based on, say, the Silver theme and give it a new name, the generated product page ignores the site and section settings and retains the original Outer Layout for Silver Theme. Seems odd… any thoughts?

Matthew,
    The ProductPageLayout does in fact have a selector - an option to change and select the layout for the product page.
    For some reason it is not enabled to be accessible through the site options as the other overall layouts are.

You can change this:
    Open "Design | Library"
    Click on "Layouts" tab
    Expand the "Web Page Outer Layout" item
    Double click the "ProductPageLayout" selector
    then "check" the checkbox for "Site" under the "Place of setting" options
    Click "OK"
    Now in site options under the "Product page" settings you should see the selector for ProductPageLayout.

You can "check" the checkbox for "product" and "Section" as well if you want to make it selectable at the individual section and product levels as well.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Can product pages inherit the outer layout of their parent section?

I have a similar issue, and can see how you set the product page layout at a site level, but I would like to be able to set the outer layout independently per section, and have product pages within that section automatically inherit the outer layout of the section. So each section has it's own theme. Is this possible?

Thanks, Dan
      adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

In a word, Yes!

Follow the steps above, however instead of

"then "check" the checkbox for "Site" under the "Place of setting" options"

do

"then "check" the checkbox for "Site" AND "Section" under the "Place of setting" options"

The selector will no be available at section level as well, allowing you to do what you require.
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thanks Fergus. I've been away from Actinic for a while!
          adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X