Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Plus installation problems

Hi

I am trying to install v11 Business Plus with the Sites folder moved from the Primary PC to a mapped network drive.

Installation on the primary PC seemed to go OK (although there were some reported problems with the Sage Link installer, deferred until later to fix), and the Synch Server had the IP address of the Primary PC (not the mapped network drive where the Sites folder resides).

Snapshot install on Primary PC then OK.

Then, moving on to a secondary PC, installation seemed to go OK, but on start up of Actinic, when asking for the Database to connect to (presumably this occurs because it recognises the licence key as a secondary one?), on choosing the network mapped Sites folder location, I got

"Business Plus User: You cannot connect to your local machine with this license"

This repeatedly after reinstall on two different secondary machines.

Has anybody a suggestion?
    adaptive-image.co.uk

Pat has had similar problems here, I will be looking into it today, I'll post if I get anywhere near to a solution.

Edit : our error is cannot connect to sync server
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I think the problem may be that the network link may not be open, sometimes when we look in explorer it shows up red but as soon as you click on it it opens up the minor directories

One thing you will find is that if you download orders from the main PC its fast but if you use one of the workstations the download speed is like watching paint dry, reported to Actinic about 4 years ago and told they have identified the problem but nothing changed on V10 or 11
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hello Dan

It could possibly be an issue with the sharing permissions on the Sites folder. You have mentioned that the folder has been moved to a different location, perhaps it needs to be re-shared for the secondary PC to connect to it.

I found a few Knowledge Base articles which might help :
        http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=44532 - this one lists the sync server communication ports
        http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=44520 ...and....
        http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=50399

Hope these help.

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks all so far, still investigating.

Jan - I got to a point where I had synch server problems as well. I think this started after unchecking the ~'notifications by IP' checkbox, and I was unable to get it checked again.
          adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Complete re-install fixed it
            adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

I had to turn off the firewalls on the PCs and then it was fine.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

What sort of performance are you getting? Very sluggish for me. Have had a look at http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=50376 but that seems not to apply to v11.

Am going to try the sites folder back onto the Primary PC to see what difference that makes.
                adaptive-image.co.uk

Comment

Hi Dandelion,

My sites are fine - they are tiny though and to be honest, I very rarely use Actinic to access them.

Cheers,

Comment

What speed is your ethernet system running at? and how have you got the network drive connected
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                    X