Paypal 'No Token Passed' & 'Pending PSP' issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal 'No Token Passed' & 'Pending PSP' issues

Hi - I have recently moved a Sellerdeck website from 1&1 shared hosting to a clients Fasthosts dedicated server and added an SSL certificate.

Since then, if I try to make a payment vía PayPal Express I get an error message 'No Token Passed'.

If I try to make a payment vía PayPal Website Payments the order sits in the 'Pending Payment Service Provider' folder.

I have disabled the firewall on this server yet the problem prevails.

This server runs CENTOS 6.9 x86_64 – cPanel & WHM 64.0 (build 36)

I have loaded this site onto another dedicated server, this one hosted by InMotion, and PayPal works correctly.

This server also runs CENTOS 6.9 x86_64 – cPanel & WHM 64.0 (build 36)

Any ideas?

Forgot to mention, the Fasthosts server also has a v1.9 installation running which has no problems processing PayPal payments.
    Regards
    David

The above should say (but for some reason I can't edit it):

Forgot to mention, the Fasthosts server also has a M-A-G-E-N-T-O v1.9 installation running which has no problems processing PayPal payments.
    Regards
    David

Comment

Right - I have sorted this out - for anyone who has the same problem, this is the solution that fixed it for me.

In Sellerdeck I ran Troubleshooting > Site Analysis > Web Site Analysis for both the InMotion and Fasthosts servers.

The Fasthosts server showed that the following Perl Modules were not installed:
      Crypt::SSLeay
      Net::SSL

I installed these on my Fasthosts server vía cPanel WHM > Software > Install a Perl Module

If you have not got access to WHM you would need to request this from your hosting company.
      Regards
      David

Comment

Here's another solution, which isn't covered buy the above -we already had the Perl modules.

We suddenly started to get 'No Token Passed' when hitting the PayPal button. After MUCH digging about, comparing a working site with the failing one, that one of the scripts in the CGI-BIN directory had changed! Changing it back solved the problem.

The filename for us was al000001.pm -yours may have a different number. The change was as follows, from line 355:

NOT working version:

Code:
        $ssl_socket->print($sData);
        my $buf ='';
        my ($nBuf) = 1024;
        while ($nBuf == 1024)
        {
        $nBuf = $ssl_socket->read($buf, 1024);
        $sResponse .= $buf;
        }
        $nResult = $::SUCCESS;
        WORKING version:

Code:
        my $buf ='';
        while ($ssl_socket->read($buf, 1024))
        {
        $sResponse .= $buf;
        }
        I think it may be related to a new version of Crypt::SSLeay, as it seems that we're reversing the actions in this post: https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...ayments-nochex

I hope that helps someone, somewhere,

Cheers! -Jc.
        http://www.thegigrig.com/

Comment

Note that editing files in your cgi-bin will only work short-term. If you Refresh your site these files will be re-created using the full source code versions in your Site folder.

In the above case al000001.pm is created from the Site folder's ACTINIC.PM and the relevant (correct) lines are:
          Code:
              if ($ssl_socket->isa('Net::SSL'))
                  {
                  #
                  # Send the request info to the server
                  #
                  #
                  # Read the response from the server
                  #
                  my $buf ='';
                  while ($ssl_socket->read($buf, 1024))
                      {
                      $sResponse .= $buf;
                      }
                  $sMessage = '';
                  #
                  # TV: I don't know ATM how Net::SSL can resume a connection, so always close the connection until further investigation
                  #
                  $bCloseConnection = $::TRUE;
                  }
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
          X