Sellerdeck 11 keeps quitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck 11 keeps quitting

I have a client running Sellerdeck v11.0.6 (catalog client) but the program keeps quitting whenever you try to publish to web, refresh the web or preview the site. It doesn't hang it literally quits and disappears.

Anyone seen anything similar to this and where to start looking to resolve it ?
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

Sounds like a possible database issue. A compact and repair would be my first check.

Comment

Hi Richard

I agree with Duncan that it sounds like a database issue.

I had been finding issues with v16.0.4 crashing, most alarmingly on startup but also when previewing certain pages. I had compacted the database but that didn’t seem to work. After contacting support they asked me to send a copy of my snapshot, were able to reproduce the crashes I mentioned, and then asked me for a copy of my ActinicCatalog.mdb database (in Site1 folder or equivalent).

They ran some repairs on this, restoring some missing indexes and adding some more free reserve space. The result was the repaired database came back to me 30% larger than the one I had sent off. Although it did crash again on startup the first time, since then it has been okay, though my fingers are in a permanently crossed state while using it and will be for a while yet!

The missing indexes may have been from me importing my old SD2013 database into version 2016 but not ticking all the boxes (tax, customer accounts etc) - although this is just me speculating. Hope you can get this fixed, I would recommend calling support.

Comment

We've done a test whereby I can view and publish from my copy of the site without an issue (v11 designer) whereas the client's (v11 client) crashes on trying to publish. Maybe an uninstall/reinistall is the answer ?
        Richard Gosler
        Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
        Dorset, UK

Comment

If you have access then run repair through it after making a backup first
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

I suspect it might be this problem. (although the notes say it shouldn't be with 11.0.6)

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=54742

I thought it sounded familiar but took me a while to remember what the cause was.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X