warning message on closing for unsent emails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

warning message on closing for unsent emails

As the title suggests and mentioned elsewere, a warning message when closing actinic that their are unsent emails.

This will then save the red faces when you send emails that have been sitting there for quite some time

What would be ideal would be an optional warning box when closing down Actinic that can be configured to say whatever one wants:
    e.g.
    Have you sent emails?
    Have you backed Up?
    Did you feed the office Goldfish?
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion Darren, have added the request and the votes to our wish list.

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

thanks krithika (i'll take the glory even though it was not my idea )

Comment

I like the idea of a customisable shotown [ edited: oops I meant shutdown] options thingy too.
          Last edited by Steve G Griggs; 16-Jul-2011, 08:01 AM. Reason: Spelling error!
          Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
          www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Great idea... the number of times I've sent the previous days 'order shipped emails' and had customers phoning and emailing confused as they'd already received their orders...
            PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Comment

From v10 you can have emails sent automatically if you use one-click complete.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Bruce there are a few problems with having emails automatically sent which is why I've switched it off.

1) Actinic automatically trys to send an email even if you haven't entered it. For telephone orders we don't always get an email address. You then get a message telling you the email address is too short or empty.
                2) If you complete 10 orders at one time Actinic sends the email after each order. You then have to click 'ok' 10 times - Very frustrating.
                3) This is linked to both the above - if the order with the empty email address is one of the first to go (out of the several orders you have completed at once) you now get the error message for that failed email every time after each order processed as well as the box where you have to click okay.

If you could change it so the emails are all sent at the end after all the orders have completed it would be far better and then would allow me to switch it back on!

Or how about all emails automatically sent on closing actinic like what happens when I close my Outlook programme?
                PagesDIY.com

UK Online DIY Store - Tools, Locks & DIY Products

Comment

Thanks for mentioning that, I don't think it's been reported before. I will raise an issue, but it's likely to be a while before we can prioritise a fix for it.
                  Bruce Townsend

Comment

It has indeed but a while, but this has now been added in v16.0.1
                    Bruce Townsend

Comment

I hate it...

Our database is quite large

Since the update to v16.0.1 :
                      Everytime we quit the program it takes a minute hanging (as though it's crashed) and then pops up "there are unsent emails"...

Can this be changed, maybe only offer it to "Admins" or incorporate it as a tick box on the exit options - see attached...

Or have it optional in the settings on what happens on exiting the program...
                      Attached Files

Comment

In v16.0.2 we are adding the option to disable the message. I doubt if it's responsible for the delay you are experiencing on exit, though. You could try compacting the database next time you close, that may help.
                        Bruce Townsend

Comment

v16.0.0 was great, no slow downs, no crashes - but we had problems with filtering and search was broke.

but v16.0.1 = slow and crashes quite often - switching sites, switching tabs, closing a window... (searhc was fixed, but filtering is still a problem)

We have three sites, two sites have low volume of orders, so the exit slow down is not experienced
                          however our high order volume site has this problem - currently I'm trying to keep approx 1 year's worth of data on the mdb... currently there are 11,500+ lines in the order table

Compacting the database does not help for us.

I believe the high amount of orders on the mdb + checking emails + Multi User (I guess everything passes the ActSyncSvr.exe) = causing this slow down on exit... so if we can opt out, that should solve the problem...

Not sure "adding the option to disable the message" would help...
                          Disabling the actual function would help for us

- or a "quick exit" button

Comment

Working...
                          X