Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 10

I am getting following error in v10 when i view my site online:

Warning: odbc_pconnect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in main on line 38 Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in main on line 17 Warning: odbc_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in main on line 21 Warning: odbc_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC result resource in main on line 30

I did use the blocks/layout code for v9 because i didnt see any stuff for v10, is this what is causing issue? Please help!

Comment

please read the post directly above yours.

there are changes to the code you need to make.

Comment

MakeNav update

Hi there,

I have updated a site that worked in v11 to v16. It doesn't work due to some PHP parsing errors in Gabriel's MakeNav code.

The first errors say:
        "Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in main on line 102" and I think this refers to the recent updates to PHP that have removed call-time pass-by referencing.

Can anyone offer any advice? I don't know how to edit PHP at that kind of technical level.

You can see the errors on our test site here: http://mobi.ursulajames.com/shop/test/shop/ (note that it's meant for mobile devices)

Thanks,
        Phil
        Kind regards,
        Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
        http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington Bear View Post
          Hi there,

I have updated a site that worked in v11 to v16. It doesn't work due to some PHP parsing errors in Gabriel's MakeNav code.

The first errors say:
          "Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in main on line 102" and I think this refers to the recent updates to PHP that have removed call-time pass-by referencing.

Can anyone offer any advice? I don't know how to edit PHP at that kind of technical level.

You can see the errors on our test site here: http://mobi.ursulajames.com/shop/test/shop/ (note that it's meant for mobile devices)

Thanks,
          Phil
          you are correct in that the later versions of PHP now used in SellerDeck 2016 throw errors due to this code being written for earlier versions of PHP.
          There is no reference sign on a function call - only on function definitions. Function definitions alone are enough to correctly pass the argument by reference. As of PHP 5.3.0, you will get a warning saying that "call-time pass-by-reference" is deprecated when you use & in foo(&$a);. and since PHP 5.4.0 an error is thrown
          As far as I can tell the line you are referring to is:
          Code:
              while($temp = odbc_fetch_into($result, &$counter))
          , just remove the & to solve the problem.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
          SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
          Custom Packages

Comment

So simple!

Well I thought it might be more complicated than that!

Turns out - it's not.

Thank you for that.
            Kind regards,
            Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
            http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paddington Bear View Post
              Well I thought it might be more complicated than that!

Turns out - it's not.

Thank you for that.
              No problem

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
              SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
              Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
              X