V2016 licences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V2016 licences

How long do you expect the issue of new licences for contract customers to take with this release?
    Chris Ashdown

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
    How long do you expect the issue of new licences for contract customers to take with this release?
    I got mine the same day, I guess it depends on the volume of requests.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

I ordered mine late yesterday and got an email with the license keys at 9:24 this morning.
      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

not upgraded under sellerdeck cover before.

I'm following the procedure here;
        http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=56408

Once logged in, I go to ‘My Licences’ | under the column ‘Cover Contract’ click my contract number (starting with EX). It says once I click ‘Upgrade’ the request will be sent to SellerDeck.

So what happens to my v14 key? Can I still use that? and keep my v14 site running.. or am I expected to upgrade immediately?
        I probably will take my time completing the upgrade..
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I think the official line is you should upgrade, but no one forces it.

Up until earlier this year I was on V9, V10 and Sellerdeck 2014 all at the same time.

To be honest, until the software works as advertised you can't be expected to upgrade and retire your previous license.
          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Zirconium Rings
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

thanks Jason
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I asked for a serial number and they sent me one the next day. I started using 2016 but kept 2014 on the same machine. I had to go back to using 2014 because of a bug in 2016 and it was easy to do. All I did was do a website refresh from 2014 and carried on using that.

I now have both versions on my computer and will use 2016 when my particular problem is fixed. This was in conjunction with support so they do not have an issue with doing this. I am sure they would object to using 2014 on one machine whilst you use 2016 on another machine for a different site. My two versions are operating the same site.

The other thing of which I was not aware originally is that can upload a 2016 site in test mode whilst keeping the live site in production mode in 2014. This means you can properly tested the site before committing to using 2016. I did not do this so went live with my 2016 site, found a problem and had to revert. I would recommend using a 0216 test site first to find potential problems.

The other thing would be to check any third party plug-ins you are using in the site. These may need to be upgraded too.

Comment

Working...
              X