Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site check please...

Hi there,

If anyone has few moments, I would be interested to get some honest feedback. As I'm not a pro at building websites, just very keen, your opinions would be truely appreciated.

I have a pretty good listings on Google (I think) but some advise on getting page ranked would be good. Is a 100 hits a day deemed average from natural listings, or should I be getting more? Sales could be better, maybe it's a price issue. Any thoughts would be great.

Most important tho, is the site working OK, I've been having some problems of late, but think I've sorted most of it now,

Many thanks. Steve
    http://www.3dkitchens.net

Overall i really like the site design, the left hand nav is very nice. Not so sure about the grey horizontal buttons - they could remain grey but be a little better designed

The site gives an immediate impact of professional business, although it is abit slow to load, this will be a problem for people on slow connections and might drive people away if their isp is on an evening go slow

the graphic on the front page should have the option to play, this is becoming more the norm nowadays not to enter a site and have to wait whilst some flash downloads that you probably dont want to see.

Nova Pro Inox Side Pack
    INOIN270/90SS (£53.91 excl. VAT)
    INOIN450/90SS (£64.39 excl. VAT)
    INOIN450/122SS (£68.95 excl. VAT)

if i were looking to buy the Nova Pro Inox drawer side pack with integrated airmatic: would i know what these 3 options were?

similarly for taps

Ionian 2 hole mixer with levers, chrome or pewter:

4193CH (£264.42 excl. VAT)
    4193PE (£276.24 excl. VAT)
    i can see from the description that the CH and PE refers to chrome/pewter but i'd prefer to see the html description to be chrome rather than 4193CH

Comment

The links at the bottom of your page are off to the right rather than centered which I think is unintentional.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I think you have a good product offering that should be successful.

Redoing your kitchen is obviously a big project and quite ambitious to accomplish directly via a website. You seem to have worked hard to overcome some of the barriers (like offering sample doors), but contemplating upgrading my own kitchen would still feel quite daunting.

I think you could do more to help get potential customers actually buying by putting more advice and guides on the site, and putting this information 'upfront'.

At the moment it feels as if you are overwhelmed with different door designs and finishes without having had the concept really explained. If you could include some case studies, and some type of '10 steps to create a wonderful kitchen' pages, that is the type of help and encouragement I would need.

My immediate worries are:
        - Are my doors standard sizes? Are yours therefore a direct replacement? If my sizes are 5mm different, can I still use them?
        - How difficult are they to fit? Do I need special tools? Do I need a kitchen fitter?...or just a screw driver?

If others feel like me, it doesn't matter how many door types / finishes you have, I won't ever get past this just being an idea.

I'm not a big user of 'live help' but you may want to consider it here. If you can get customers involved over a live help it is much easier to them get permission to call them on the 'phone.

(My English is not great but I think [above your telephone number] you should be offering Advice not Advise).

Hope that helps.
        Peter Hayes
        www.hohobird.com
        Antiques Clocks, Barometers etc

Comment

Thanks for the advice. A slap on the wrist for the spelling mistake on the header of all places, well spotted.

To speed up the website, I have optimised the jpgs a little further, especially on the main pages, hope this will help a bit without affecting the overall quality.

I will definitely consider the html descriptions’ on the product pages. Maybe a code and a description would suffice. It's just that some people in the trade might need the code to track the right product they are looking for!

The links on the bottom of the page wasn’t unintentional, just me being rebellious and non conformist.

I will certainly consider adding more advice for customers and to help the DIY’er where I can, and maybe a live help on each page would be a useful to advise. Can anyone recommend a good live chat attachment?

Thanks for your contributions.

Steve

Comment

Live Chat has been discussed before, this thread might be worth a quick read: Adding live chat .

I have also seen Livezilla recommended as a very good free option
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse
            Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Hi Darren,

Thanks for that.. there's lots to choose from, I'll need to do some research.

Steve

PS I like your website

Comment

Steve it was nice talking to you though your website. The only thing I would so is put some real live text on the home page, so it would help your google rankings
                Dropship Forum / Directory / Dropshipping / Wholesale Dropshipping / Blog

Comment

Thanks James, sound advice.

Comment

Working...
                  X