Google Analytics and Site Overlay - Home Page not Found/Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Analytics and Site Overlay - Home Page not Found/Working

I use GA a little bit each month to see how my site is going and I use the Site Overlay feature which allows you to see on a particular page where visitors then went to from that page.

Since I have my special offers on my home page that would be a good page to view using site overlay. However, I found out that GA had no reference to my homepage!

I contacted Actinic support who gave me some additional code to put in so it would be picked up - however, GA is now seeing it as http://www.itmustbegreen.co.uk/http:....uk/index.html and the overlay feature clearly doesn't like this.

Has anyone else had an issue with their homepage in their Google Analytics reports?

Dorian.
    Dorian
    ------
    www.itmustbegreen.co.uk
    Fair-Trade & Eco-Friendly

Analytics Problem

Hi,

I have also got the same problem. I changed the code back to the original GA code and my Index page is still not being recognized! The guy at actinic said it must be a java script on the page that is interfering with it...

Still no luck though...

Web Design Cornwall

Comment

yeah, I got to say it's a bit worrying when Actinic said to me that they don't know anything about Google Analytics.

You'd surely think that in a company selling expensive e-commerce packages they'd be at least one person that understood this stuff - as so many e-commerce sites surely reply on being able to understand their customers searching and buying habits -and that menas using Google Analytics.
      Dorian
      ------
      www.itmustbegreen.co.uk
      Fair-Trade & Eco-Friendly

Comment

has anyone found a solution for this yet? I'm getting all the GA results possible from any page within the acatalog folder but nothing from the home page. it's the same GA script on all the pages yet for some reason it doesn't work on the home page.

Our website is www.denmanbrush.com if it's needed.

Comment

Working...
        X