Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site review please

site: www.modelsteamenginesuk.com

In particular any further ideas to improve rankings with google would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Looking at your meta descriptions and keywords it looks like you have them the wrong way round. Also you are calling the dhtmltooltip.css in the body section, which needs to be called in the head section.
    Apart from that, just keep working on your link building. You are already 3rd for the search term 'model steam engines', and have some good links pointing to your site already (like here). The No.1 for that term has a few more than you tho, so just keep at it. You could set up a blog, and write info that people will want to link to? just an idea.

As your just down the road from us, I'm gonna have to show your site to my girlfriends Grandad. He builds steam engines from scratch in his little work shop out the back
    "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

As previous post said, your keywords and description are in the wrong meta tags/

You have

<meta name="keywords" content="Cotswold Heritage model steam engines is the leading supplier of finished steam models, machined kit and as sets of castings for the model engineer to machine. Gas fired boilers, steam plants and accessories.Online ordering, world wide delivery. "

<meta name="description" content="Steam Engines | Cotswold Heritage | Model Engineering "

Should be:

<meta name="description" content="Cotswold Heritage model steam engines is the leading supplier of finished steam models, machined kit and as sets of castings for the model engineer to machine. Gas fired boilers, steam plants and accessories.Online ordering, world wide delivery. "

<meta name="keywords" content="Steam Engines | Cotswold Heritage | Model Engineering "

Also,keywords should be separated by commas not pipes

<meta name="keywords" content="Steam Engines,Cotswold Heritage,Model Engineering "

Style sheets:

Looking at your source there is a big chunk of embedded styles at the bottom of the source. Ideally put these as a css link rather than embedded as it will improve page load times as the browser will often cache styles.

About page:
      http://www.modelsteamenginesuk.com/a...-About-Us.html

There's something about that page that just doesn't look balanced. Perhaps it's too much white space.

Text size:
      The fonts on your site are fixed and don't respond to the page>Text size option in IE. You may want to consider using ems for relative font sizing instead as some users may have their font sized increased in their browser for their eyesight, but your website doesn't recognise the change.

Overall I like the look and colour of the site.

Comment

Thanks for the comments - i am going make said changes.

Comment

Working...
        X