License Keys & Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Keys & Cover

Having now received my license key for V18, and currently being on monthly cover.

I am assuming that I am now free to cancel my cover contract, whilst still being able to use V18?

With recent price increases, and lack of support for cover customers such as the GDPR white paper only being available to 365 customers, I now feel for me it makes more sense to just pay for upgrades every few years.

Any views?
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

I guess you need to look at your contract for Cover.

The question for me is whether you're paying for monthly cover or paying monthly for annual cover.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Yes I did wonder that, but as I receive a monthly invoice I've assumed it is monthly.
      Regards

Jason

Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

The update to V18 is incremental to say the least.
        Can't see me staying with Sellerdeck and possibly not even migrating the site to V18, as am better off putting the effort into our new Mage site.
        The support cost is far to high for too little support - last support issue took a week to get a reply and even then the reply was of little / no help.

Comment

This is very much my view, I'm at a crossroads at the moment caused by lack of evolution of the product, poor support, rising cost, and new for 2018, a disregard for support customers who do not upgrade to 365. For instance only 365 customers getting the GDPR white paper.

I am also sick of the Sellerdeck rush where nothing is ever done with time to spare, like the current GDPR issues. Just over a month to go and I have no idea if Sellerdeck will support my V14 or V16 sites.
          Regards

Jason

Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Cover now cancelled and I feel free
            Regards

Jason

Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Might well be followiing shortly.

Our other test site is progressing and now have been given the impetus to get it up asap

Comment

There are other options than going directly to SellerDeck for support and hosting etc.... just talk to me or Jonathan Chappell (and others, I'm sure)
                Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

Glad to hear you did get the keys...

We are on Sellerdeck 365... and we've not received/have access to the license keys for v18

I called Sellerdeck on Tuesday following the v18.00 SEGA release and was told there was more problems with v18 so the upgrade is disabled on their "myaccount" page... and I had to wait to the end of this week...

I've not seen any reports of further problems since the SEGA release...

I would really like some keys so I can test v18 this weekend...

Comment

I asked for the keys within ours of the first release, so was lucky to receive them.

I don't think I dare any upgrades yet until I have confidence that the software is actually usable and stable. i'm just playing with it at the moment.
                    Regards

Jason

Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I mentioned this on a support ticket and got a call from SD...

I now have 2 keys for SQL and 2 keys ACCESS... We're on 3 user contract...

I can start testing this weekend

Normally I won't consider updating until v18.0.1 or v18.0.2... but I'm getting 100s of failed orders and v18.0.0 has a fix for it...

Comment

Working...
                      X