Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it right yet?

Hi there,

Since my last post a couple of weeks ago, I took on board all your suggestions (thank you very much) and fixed a few problems along the way. The web site seems to be working much better now! Your kind (and not so kind) critique would be appreciated.

Steve
    http://www.3dkitchens.net

Your signature link doesn't work....

Comment

The site seems to be down so cannot check.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Don't know why the site went down, I got a few unavailable/available warning emails through Sunday morning...seems OK now tho.

Comment

The Comodo logo can get in the way at some screen resolutions. I would suggest you only show it on the cart and checkout pages perhaps.

Comment

Duncan, are you telling me not everyone has widescreen yet. lol

Comment

Most might do but not so many actually use it for one window - I never do. Because I have widescreen means I can have more than one useable window open at once. This will become much more so when people start docking windows in Windows7.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding View Post
                Most might do but not so many actually use it for one window - I never do. Because I have widescreen means I can have more than one useable window open at once. This will become much more so when people start docking windows in Windows7.
                whilst i use my 1024 asus alot of the time i also use a desktop with 1600 ws screen, but like Dunc i still only use the browser at 1024 or 1200 (resizer in dev tools) i reserve the right column for skype, media player etc.

Comment

Hi Steve. Having given you some feedback in your initial posting, I (only) NOW realise I had completely misunderstood your site!

I had thought you were selling doors and components to upgrade an existing kitchen. I feel a bit stupid now but perhaps I'm not the only one, and it may tell us something about the site design.

I think I was phased by all the talk of 'doors' and 'components'.

I'm wondering if you are trying to accomplish too much with a single site? I think you may be better having 1 site for those wanting a new kitchen, and another for those just wanting to source some of the 7000 products you sell. This 2nd site would be much more 'Trade' focussed.

I think my confusion is well illustrated with the first selection I have to make. I'm offered (1st) Components, (2nd) Furniture, and (3rd) Design. This sequence is repeated as part of your logo.

If I'm designing a house and new kitchen I think I'd be approaching this in exactly the opposite direction! (ie Design the layout, choose the cabinets, pick the components).

Providing a full design / select / supply service over the web is do-able but quite ambitious. Only a certain type of customer will be willing to try it. Complicating this process because the site is trying to serve another (trade) purpose may reduce the numbers much further.

A more focussed site for those designing their own kitchen would look very different to the current one. Much of the material it would need is already on your site but is currently hidden away. It would look more like url]www.3dkitchens.net/catalog/design_quote.html[/url

I don't feel like I'm explaining myself very well but hopefully my point is made!
                  Peter Hayes
                  www.hohobird.com
                  Antiques Clocks, Barometers etc

Comment

Thank you for your comments, much appreciated.

Steve

Comment

Kitchens

Hi,
                      You website is quite good:

Just another thought: We get on average 3000 visits a day and out of those the stats show around 30% have a resolution of 1024 or less. Around 70% or more have height res of 900 or less! So it's important to have the most important info in the area at least.

You have some important info not in this frame:
                      1)Website Security info and that u take card payments. We know that your website is secure and safe but customers need reassurance--especially if theyre spending a few bob.
                      2)Why Buy From Us:
                      Guarantees, great customer service, cheap ect
                      3)Address should be on every page
                      4)real testimonials

This is some basic must haves for a site thats not established...the rest of the stuff will come as your site matures and you will find out for yourself what works best.
                      Why have you got a link to catalogue? you should just have a 301 redirect on that to the home page. that link is a waste of space..i did the same thing when i started out and someone told me the same thing.
                      view basket and checkout are duplicated on right. You could have a horizontal nav bar instead of whats there now. You have 2 search buttons (one on left and one in gray bar)...I had the bookmark button and got zilch from it over 2 years. Why skype uve a great mcaffee liveperson?
                      my free advice for what its worth

Cheers and good luck
                      bathroom suites

Comment

Thanks

Hi Lynne,

Thanks for your guidance and advice, it all makes a lot of sense.

Because the site has developed over time, Skype was there and I have only just put on the Liveperson (on the advice of an earlier Forum suggestion), so Skype can go now.

Getting everything up top could be tricky, but I will certainly give it serious thought, as with the other issues too. Thank you so much for taking the time.

Steve

Comment

Hi Thomas,

My live chat has been up a couple of weeks now. I have had some chats with visitors needing technical information but at the moment, I personally can't dedicate to much time to "man it" because of other commitments. Even so, if I'm not around it is an easy and convenient way for customers to contact me with a question.

I'm glad I have it and when I settle down I'm sure customers will find the additional service useful. Just one thing tho, If I try to invite/engage visitors, I'm sure it scares them off the site!

Steve

Comment

With Live chat you either man it or you don't have it. When customers or potential customers see the word LIVE it means there is someone available to answer their question immediately.
                            If a potential customer lands on your page and Live Chat is 'offline. Please leave a message' then they will simply go elswhere.

Either have it on for as long as possible each day and if it is actually earning you money consider a 24 hour manning with a fully trained ex-pat in a different time zone or get rid of it.

Unmanned live chat KILLS conversion.

Comment

High Horses!

Live chat can only be manned when I have the time. At the moment my efforts are elsewhere as I said. Thanks for your concern tho.

PS. Bamboo, you're not an ex-pat looking for a job are you? You seem to have a lot of time on your hands!

Comment

Working...
                              X