No announcement yet.

Can i create 'vouchers' for email marketing with Catalogue V9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH i dont think actinic should protect the interests of the people who write add-ons. My feeling is its a risk they take when writing it. We've already had cross sell pro come and go when actinic built in best sellers etc.

actinic should offer to buy the code and integrate it

Comment

They have to be careful though Croccy, tread on their toes too much and these people go and whistle elseshere. There is already a certain level of protection/thanks/leaning on as they simply have to be symbiotic and rightly so.

The real question is whether actinic do not add these features so as not to step on people's toes or is it that they leave those areas and focus on others as someone has that area covered for them.

In all honesty, I'd like to see addon companies stretching the software and offering solutions to do that, not bandaging up things that should already be there in most people's minds.

Comment

The real question is whether actinic do not add these features so as not to step on people's toes or is it that they leave those areas and focus on others as someone has that area covered for them.
        i tend to think its because they haven't got the resources to do it themselves within realistic timescales. Since v8 they have been firefighting as each time they introduce a new patch they introduce new bugs. Thus new features have gone to the wayside.

Each version tends to have just one WOW factor new feature and maybe another that people have been whinging for for ages. Shipping being one, GC being another.

but to introduce all the extras that we really would love would take them several years judging on past performance. GC is almost 2 years behind

Comment

Balancing time must be a nightmare, i wouldn't like to be in charge of deciding that, however knowing what your users want is very easy to do. Maybe your idea of licensing or buying the products off these addon companies is the way forward.

Comment

Working...
          X