Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

additional image/file upload

hi

i'm trying to add additional images to a product and have made good use of normans plugin.

however i need the ability to have more images (the zoom ones) associated with a product. i've created new variables of type filename to store these images but when i publish/refresh the site they aren't uploaded?

can anyone start to point me in the right direction on how i get actinic to understand these files also need uploading

many thanks

jc

ps i don't want to use the design/additional images as there are going to be zoom images for every product which will become unmanageable once the number of products grows

You have a live site where we can look at some code? Which of Normans plugins are you using? What is the exact image path you are putting into the variable?
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

hi dave

theres a link here. it's not the most up-to-date but it'll give you an idea of how i'm accomplishing things. please note that this version does have the zoom images ok (as they were uploaded via the addittional images dialogue prior to me trying to create variables to store them in).

<removed url as site not yet live but still getting orders from it?!>

i'm using the multiple images per product plugin of normans which is allowing me to have multiple images (obviously) and their thumbnails.

i'm using a sub-folder for product images which is working fine at the moment.

path of image being defined in extended info / image
      ProductImages\Womens\birdcage-2-black-zoom.jpg

path of images being defined in custom variable for zoom images
      ProductImages\Womens\birdcage-2-black-zoom.jpg
      ProductImages\Womens\birdcage-2-black-zoom-2.jpg

thanks

jc

Comment

OK, the fact you have some working probably means that Normans patch will only allow for X number of images per product. It will be a simple fix I would assume to amend his code, presumably you just need to get those new variables into the code, but you will really need to speak to him about it unless you have some (guessing as I haven't used this patch) PHP knowledge.
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

You are using my Multi Product Images add-on. However you've made significant customisations to it to also make it work with Magic Zoom. Best talk to whoever did this as it will affect increasing the number of images.

I told you about the IncreasingNumberOfImages.txt supplement a month ago. That document describes how to add extra images to the standard patch (on normal Product pages). If you're using this on Extended Info pages, then use the same supplement but where it refers to Extra Image Table, work on Extended Info Extra Image Table instead.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks dave.

hi norman,

yes your multi product image patch is working great (my pm is still to contact you re payment, apologies for delay, she knows about it though).

the IncreasingNumberOfImages.txt was also very helpful in allowing me to update the number of images to 10 per product. apologies for the changes to your code, the zoomer is actually a jquery plugin i sourced from the web and implemented, that i needed to make the amends for. i would of course have spoken with you before going ahead and releasing it like this to make sure it was ok to do that.

i will re-read the document to try and better understand how to add in the additional images/image variables

thanks

jc

Comment

Working...
            X