Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer Login Problem

Hi

I have a problem which until yesterday I had never found before but since then it's come up twice. I expect there are more instances but unless the customer logs in I wont know.

Whe the customer tries to login they get this message:

Sorry, but we found your account but couldn't read the details. This may be because the login page you used is an old copy stored in your browser cache. Press the Browser Back button, then refresh the login page and try again.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

Ok so both the customer on their browser and me on mine, have the same problem. I have tested on both IE7 and Firefox with the same problem, so I really don't think its anything to do with the cache.
    Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Update

I was going to delete the thread above since the problem seems to have been cleared, but I thought I'd leave it and detail what I did to fix it in case anyone else has the problem.

1. Purged Customer Accounts
    2. Compacted Databases
    3. Published to Web.

It now works fine.

Comment

Hi,

We have the same issue, whenever we load a new customer we have found that we need to do 2 uploads, the first seems to add all the customers details and the second uploads the new login page, not sure why but this is how we get round it.
      Many Thanks
      Lee
      Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Comment

Do you have more than one Actinic site?
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

No Not us, just the one.
          Many Thanks
          Lee
          Landscape Garden Machinery, Power Tools and Safety Equipment

Comment

I'm also having problems uploading new customer log-ins (v9 business plus). It seems to require a site refresh rather than an upload to get new log-ins working. (we do have several sites but only 1 with customer groups enabled)

Comment

Problem isnt solved

We'll I spoke too soon the problems back, I think it must be a bug.. what's strange though is that we upload about 20 new members a day, and even though we changed over to v9.03 in January, the problems only started to show up a few days ago..

We have quite a few sites offline (developing etc) and one that will replace this site in a few weeks, but only one live site..

Update 21/4/09 - I have sent a site snapshot to Actinic Support, they are investigating now. I will post and update on the forum when I have an answer.

Comment

Hi pinkequine

Did you find a solution to this? we are having the same problem, using v8 though, hopefully if you have a fi it will work for us

Thanks for any help you can give

b

Comment

Gah! this is happening again for us, not sure what caused or fixed it last time either, all a bit of a mystery

"Sorry, but we found your account but couldn't read the details. This may be because the login page you used is an old copy stored in your browser cache. Press the Browser Back button, then refresh the login page and try again." Im Using v8

Anyone have any thoughts on why this happens every now and then? or how to fix it?

Thanks folks, all the best

Comment

Working...
                  X