Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Design crashes following a design import

Hi

I have used Designer V9.0.0 to create a new design for my clients website.

Then created a design export

Swapped back to the default actinic site & tried importing the design snapshot to test it

After import (which seems to go ok) Actinic crashes

Any ideas - is this a bug? Should I upgrade to the latest release of V9??

Should i just try re-installing actinic again??

Any ideas would be helpful??

Make backups of both machines - upgrade your design machine to 9.0.4, then your site machine to 9.0.4 - and then try import the design. Design imports were apparently fixed in this release.

Comment

Will I need Actinic cover for this??

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
      Make backups of both machines - upgrade your design machine to 9.0.4, then your site machine to 9.0.4 - and then try import the design. Design imports were apparently fixed in this release.

Comment

No you can download free incremental updates. The license will be the same for v900 and v904. Just download the latest demo version and enter your existing license key.

I would recommend you uninstall Actinic first however rather than install a later version on the top then just import v900 snapshot and let the upgrader do it's job.

Comment

great I'll give it a go right now!!

Originally posted by drounding View Post
          No you can download free incremental updates. The license will be the same for v900 and v904. Just download the latest demo version and enter your existing license key.

I would recommend you uninstall Actinic first however rather than install a later version on the top then just import v900 snapshot and let the upgrader do it's job.

Comment

Remember if you have modified any of the actinic scripts you will need to reapply the mods.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse
            Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by linziharry View Post
              great I'll give it a go right now!!

Worked a treat!! thanks.

Hopefully I can now explain to my client how to upgrade their Client version prior to the design snapshot import and everything will be sweet!!

Comment

Working...
              X