8.5.2-compatible Actinic EPOS Link now available on beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.5.2-compatible Actinic EPOS Link now available on beta

Actinic EPOS Link is now compatible with 8.5.2. It is available as a separate application similar to our other Link products (e.g. Actinic Link for Sage 50 Accounts).

The latest release has a number of bug fixes, and also the performance on opening Actinic and manipulating content when ‘Manage Stock in Actinic EPOS’ is selected has been improved.

We are going to have a short beta program for the software, which is available to download from:

http://www.actinic.co.uk/about/Beta.php4

The email address for issues is eposlinkbeta@actinic.co.uk.

We believe that there are no serious issues with this Actinic EPOS Link, but the software is officially of test quality only and should not be used on a live production site. Actinic cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage which may result from such use. If during the testing period any problems are found, a new version will be issued as soon as possible.

???

Why on earth would I want to try it when if something goes wrong you accept no responsibility!!

Our site, our only site, is live, so cannot risk with this patch.

We have had epos link problems since day one (June 07), despite spending a lot of money (£12K) we still have serious running problems.

Why don't you properly check the patch for bugs before releasing it for us gerbils to try ?!?!?

Comment

I can't comment on your problems with EPOS but the beta release program is a universally accepted useability test...All software developers, including Microsoft, use this method to identify problems before full release (and responsibility acceptance). Actinic do stress that Beta releases should not be installed on a live site.
      The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Just to add to that, we have been testing the software loads within Actinic and we think it's all ready to go. It's just that there are loads of different combinations of firewalls, operating systems, processors etc. out there that we cannot test for. A beta program makes sure that there are no glaring issues of that nature before we give it the final all clear.

There shouldn't be any problems, but we have to put that scary-sounding disclaimer there for legal reasons (e.g. if there is an r in the month and a full moon, Vista will cause the EPOS link to change all your product images to photos of Bill Gates - that sort of thing).

Comment

This link is now available as a full release.

Comment

I've updated EPOS Link and Actinic Business.....before there was a little sys icon that would (bottom right taskbar) appear letting me know that EPOS Link was activated.....this does not appear now.

Should this be the case?

Cheers
            www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

Don't worry about the icon. EPOS Link has now changed from being a service to a standard Link application (this was to get around some issues with Vista) so I would expect some differences.

Comment

Working...
              X