"Paid Out" and its VAT rate. Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The VAT analysis on my Z Read seems to be wrong whenever my till is used to pay cash out for incidental expenses (e.g. Window cleaning).

It seems that "Paid Out" amounts are analysed by Actinic EPOS for VAT as negative VAT Exempt sales. This makes it difficult for me to identify my truely exempt sales at the end of each day (Postage stamps, books etc).

Is it correct practice for payments out to be included in the VAT analysis at all? Surely some payments out will be VATable ones and thus the analysis is wrong? I can't find anywhere, when posting a payment out, to tell the till the VAT amount or code to use.

Or is it that I am misundertanding what Actinic intends the Paid Out feature to be used for?

Please let me have your views.

Kind regards
    Nick Pye

Hi Nick,

I’ve looked within Epos and can’t find a way to change the “Paid Out” amounts tax code. As far as I can see its set as exempt by default. If you’re paying out cash for a specific service or product on a regular basis, you could set it up as a product within Epos and assign it a tax code from within the Product File screen.

Thanks,

Andy.

Comment

Working...
    X