X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

your need something link this

Code:
    https://www.yourwebsite.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000001.pl?ACTION=GCCB
    remember you need and SSL or a shared SSL or your carriage/delivery charges will not get carried over and will use the default ones set in actinic GC setup

Comment

on a side note i also dont see how the customer is redirected back to the reciept page after paying, this is the reason you do not get the email of the order.

Which then comes back to the way the system works, its the same problem with paypal, if the customer fails to return to your webpage then you dont get the reciept and it screws up GA

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
        your need something link this

Code:
        https://www.yourwebsite.co.uk/cgi-bin/cm000001.pl?ACTION=GCCB
        remember you need and SSL or a shared SSL or your carriage/delivery charges will not get carried over and will use the default ones set in actinic GC setup
        My main store pages are on http: only pages. Does this mean I can't integrate Actinic V10 with Google Checkout other than via the half-cocked method that this first order has come through? In GC Integration page it says "Specify a URL for Google to notify you of new orders and changes in order state. You must provide the URL of a server running 128-bit SSLv3 or TLS."
        Martin
        Modelmotorracing.com : Web services : Twitter

Comment

Google checkout requires an SSL enabled server on your side for the full integration.
          Zoltan
          Actinic Software
          www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Oh well that's annoying to say the least as it was one of the main reasons for upgrading to V10. Originally when the internet was a green and pleasant place I used the Actinic built-in applet to capture card details. Then the hackers moved in and I had to switch to Actinic Shared SSL for the checkout pages only, and now with PCI DSS I've had to move on further to 3rd party processing via Netbanx. Now to use GC I either have to continue as I have been, sending manual GC invoices to customers, or finally give in and splash out on an SSL server. One wonders where it will ever end.
            Martin

Comment

Zoltan

Can you confirm that the info i posted above is the correct call back url as this is not working for me, GC shows a page not found error in its logs so i did not get the call back and no order to download when i tested

i think the script is suppose to be the os not cm but i cant find anything for this

Cheers
              Darren

Comment

its ok

it was suppose to be os, i have updated my post further up the page, all seems to be working now

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

A couple of Qs

without SSL on your site

If you have vat exclusive prices and use GC - vat is processed correctly.
                  if you have free shipping all is well

You must have SSL in order to process any shipping charge.

Are there any other funnies?

Comment

With this order that came in, I have VAT and shipping inclusive prices, so I set my Actinic "configure method" to 0% (to stop Google adding more VAT) but it seems Google charged the customer the VAT exclusive price only. So that seems the wrong thing to do. But in any case it seems that without SSL you can't complete the integration properly from the Google end, so you will just get these orders that come in the "side door", so to speak, without any email confirmation, order download or stock decrementation within Actinic. Also the customer's email address comes through as a random string@checkout.google.com which is not ideal. I'm not sure if I like that idea, particularly as Christmas approaches, I will have to manually enter all GC orders into Actinic with a "payment sent separately" status to keep the stock levels correct.
                    Martin

Comment

The reason for the SSL is to protect the information being sent backwards and forwards

some here will remember the hack to halt the paypal bounce, change the amount to 1p then let it carry onto paypal. This when downloaded into actinic would show as fully paid but you would only have been paid 1p

so in essence google realise this is an issue and have protected you, you could say that paypal dont care as its not their money anyway and they have no interest in protecting the transaction

Comment

OK well at least there is some sense then in going the SSL route. I'm just feeling grumbly as it just seems I spend more and more on running the site and jumping through technical and legislative hoops all the time. Worthwhile if it keeps you a step ahead of the competition and helps your revenue I guess. A Feefo subscription is the next expense!
                        Martin

Comment

Originally posted by martinkay View Post
                          A Feefo subscription is the next expense!
                          Nope i intend to us GC for reviews along with other companies already out there. Lets be honest feefo is hardley a well know brand name.

Do you not have access to a shared ssl, thats exactly what im using to setup and test GC here http://kitesrus.co.uk/acatalog/test/acatalog/index.html

Comment

No, I used to be on Actinic Shared SSL until I went over to Netbanx. I've been reviewing SSL offerings and I'm tempted by the GoDaddy one because there is a "brand synergy" (sorry I promise not to use marketing-speak again) with my products. And it's cheap. But going SSL means my site has to have a new IP address which means a bit of extra set-up work for me in other non-Actinic areas but not insurmountable. I'll have to get on the case soon though, otherwise things will get too busy, and I won't have the time to properly integrate GOogle Checkout before the Xmas rush.
                            Martin

Comment

you isp probably has a shared ssl that you can use, you only need a dedicated ip if you want your own ssl.

a word of advice, use a hosting company that works well with actinic before you make any decisions. From memory some have had problems with godaddy in the past

Comment

Yep, it should be os with the appropriate script ID.
                                Zoltan
                                Actinic Software
                                www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X