Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two PCs

Hi,

I have done my best to read all the threads about this but am still confused. (Not a Sellerdeck person but fairly experienced with other e-commerce software)

I have a client who uses Sellerdeck. Can I set up Sellerdeck on a machine in my own office to do the design and configuration actions while leaving their machine to handle orders and product uploads?

It seems that that is not possible. Is that right?

Unfortunately not - standard Sellerdeck functionality requires you being on the same network. You could try this over something like Dropbox but not something fully supported.

I would recommend getting the client to export a snapshot, you can then make changes and then merge the design (Design | Export Design Snapshot => File | Import Design) - but any content changes you make will not carry over.

Kieran Smith
    eCommerce Developer
    Sellerdeck

Comment

If you are running enterprise SQL you could potentially run via a MySQL database via linked servers.

All images and files would need to be accessible from both machines - potentially through DropBox or another shared file service. This would be your sites folder.

I personally would avoid this, just stick with design snapshots (Get your client to export a full site snapshot - expect to have missing files as SD will not make a copy of those, nor their file paths)

Send your client JUST the design snapshot, ensure they do not import with overwrite content/orders when they go to do so.
      Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Working...
      X