horizontal bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

horizontal bar

I inserted the horizontal bar for nav, does this work the same way as previous versions, ie only display what it feels like on certain pages or do we get all buttons on all pages?

Anyone worked out what the selectors are for the breadcrumb trail yet?

Try ParentSectionListTop and ParentSectionListBottom.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

I inserted the horizontal bar for nav, does this work the same way as previous versions, ie only display what it feels like on certain pages or do we get all buttons on all pages?
      The NavigationBar layout selector doesn't arbitrarily hide/show buttons any more based on what page it is displaying on so it will always display on search pages, checkout pages etc.

Comment

I've deleted all my work now, but I though I saw it change, ie if you are on sitemap page it doesn't display sitemap button - not that logically it should.

I just prefer to have all the same buttons on all pages

Comment

There's actually a condition on the sitemap button so that it only shows on the front page of the store. I'd have preferred not to have this, but the development team weanted me to put it in so it is 'continous with v7'.

To ditch the condition, delete the actinic:block tags that are around the sitemap navigation icon in teh navigation bar.

Comment

but the development team weanted me to put it in so it is 'continous with v7'.
            I think you need to have a word with the development team! I am finding that whilst V8 is something of a revolution it is holding itself back by trying to hang on to stuff from previous releases.

see my comments about legacy designs and using v7 terminology for variables etc.

If V8 is going to be all that it can be it will need to lose some of v7,6,5 's bad habits.

Why not ask the users if they want to see the sitemap on all pages rather than keep old unpopular foibles

Comment

Working...
            X