Adding Contact Us Fields In V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problems

If you click on the link above you can try the page, it is still on the test site at present, i have just installed the V8.03 update so going to see how the site holds up

I am still abit nervous about the change to V8, i love the new features but i need to be confident with it

Cheers
    Darren

Comment

:-( - no luck with that Darren - got the email through but no telephone number .

Andy

Comment

Andy i do not know why it does not work on your site as i have just tested the one on my V8 site and it works,

2 things, edit both the files and were it says PHONE change this to be PHONE1
        just incase phone is being used somewhere else.

Next please use the one on my site and fill in you details and i will send you the results, that way i can check it from somewhere else and you can see what the email looks like

Cheers
        Darren

Comment

GGGGGGGGGGrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Ok -
          When i upload the site, should the MailForm.pl be uploaded too? if so where does it upload to?

I have found the mf000001.pl file in the cgi-bin. When i look at this file i can't see any reference to my changes to the MailForm.pl file. Should there be?

I've gone through the process mentioned in theis post to edit the 'contact us' page and the 'MailForm.pl' file, but it's still not working.

I'm not getting any errors and i receive the email, but without my added field value.

Andy

Comment

Andy this might sound silly but you are editing the mailform.pl file found in your site1 directory?

Cheers
            Darren

Comment

Hi Darren

Yes i am editing the MailForm.pl
              When i ftp into the site i don't see this file. The only reference to themail script is the mf000001.pl file.

This should be so simple but is proving to be a real pain.

The original MailForm.pl file and contatc us page works fine. I did have this all working in version 7, but for some odd reason i can't get the thing working in version 8.

I've gone through the steps posted by Bruce earlier on in this thread several times. I'm not getting erros but neither am i getting the telephone number (heading) or the telephone value in the email.

Very odd this one........

Andy

Comment

Andy - MailForm.pl is a template that creates the file called mf000001.pl. So any changes you make to MailForm.pl will be uploaded to the store as part of the file mf000001.pl.

Comment

Andy

Have copied the files i posted into you site1 folder, ignore the info bruce has given you, there could be a small bit of code slightly wrong. The reason i am suggestiong this is because i get all the field when some clicks on the submit button

Failing that i am at a loss

Cheers
                  Darren

Comment

Hi Darren

I've replaced my code with yours and just waiting for the email to come back - will you keep you posted.

Thanks for your patience

Regards
                    Andy

Comment

Ok - I've received the email back with only the following values:

subject
                      name
                      email
                      This is very strange!

cdicken - I've attached the mf000001 file which doesn't look like it's being altered by the MailForm.pl template at all.

Any suggestions on this?

Thanks
                      Andy
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Andy

The file you have attached is missing all the stuff you should have. I do not know why and hope Chris can shed some light

Sorry I can not help more

Darren

Comment

Thanks Darren

I've opened a support ticket on this one and also hope that Chris can shed some light on it.

Thanks for taking the time to help

Regards
                          Andy

Comment

I've opened a support ticket on this one and also hope that Chris can shed some light on it.
                            Where did you get the mf000001.pl file from? Was it from the website or the 'Site1' folder? Also, did you definitely edit the 'MailForm.pl' file in the 'Site1' folder?

I suggest you delete 'mf000001.pl' from your 'Site1' folder and then do a 'Web | Generate Scripts'. See if it gets recreated.

Comment

Solved - :-) Thanks to cdicken

Thank cdicken

For some strange reason the MailForm wasn't updating the perl script on the server. I deleted it from the server and uploaded the site again and it worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X